RC Champion

Traxxas Easy Peak Plus charge time??

Just looking for some input on the charge times for the new Traxxas easy peak plus charger. Lets say i have a 5000mah 7.2v 25c lipo for example, can it be charged at 6 amps and how long would it take to charge? Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    The rule of thumb is to take the mah rating of the battery and dividing it by 1000. So, for your Lipo, you would take 5000 and divide it by 1000, which is 5 amps. You're not supposed to go above this figure. I bought the EZ Peak Plus charger and was able to charge my Venom 3s 5000 mah Lipo in about one hour.

cheers!
    -grecinos
    IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!

RC Champion
    Crank it up to 6 amps if your charging with a balance board. Any lipo worth buying these days should take at least a 1.2c charge rate. You won't loose much time charging maybe 5-10min.

Balancing can also take a lot of time depending on how far off the cell voltages drifted.

It's safest to just to balance every time at a 1c charge rate but IMO it's not necessary. I just balance charge when/if my packs ever need it. I also use a voltage cell checker all the time.