RC Qualifier

Just Ordered some Traxxas Lipo's

Just Ordered 2 sets of traxxas lipos 2x 7.4v 3800 mah and 2x 11.1v 5000 mah lipo From Tower...

I should receive them some time this week and when I do Ill let everyone know how they are...
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

RC Champion
    Sounds good.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    Just curious as to why 3800mah on the 2s?
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Just curious as to why 3800mah on the 2s?
    I use Traxxas connectors for all my rc stuff My hyperion duo 3 is setup for it and the 2x 3800 lipos are to replace my 2x 8.4v 4000mah nimh that I used in My Venom King of Shaves boat as well as my 2 Traxxas villians brushed and brushless... I had 2 sets about 2+ years and many many cycles and one pair gave out one of the cells burst... so I picked up the new traxxas lipos... also the 3800 were pretty cheap and I know they would fit easily I may get a pair of 7600 7.4v but they were alot more $...

I got my shipment in on monday but Ive been to busy to Play LOL maybe sat I add some photos and get a cycle in...
    Last edited by MfizzleS62; 09-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    V Twin Emaxx

RC Qualifier
    update !!!!

ran the KOS on the 3800 lipos WOW I picked up about 10 mph !!!! run time was decent def longer than the NIMH and the power was smooth... esc and motor were hardly warm compared to a hot esc after running NIMH... Batterys were barely warm compared to the burning hot nimhs as well...

gonna pick up another set of 3800s !!!
    V Twin Emaxx

RC Champion
    nice to hear the trx lipos are performing well
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I keep looking at the Traxxas lipos, but they are just too expensive when a guy can buy other brands of at least equivalent quality and ratings for much less. It is a little disappointing really, I would be much more loyal if the prices were a bit more reasonable. I am glad to hear that they are performing well though.
    Tekno wing mount, Pro-Line wing, Maximizer X-75s, and Maxx Mashers.

RC Qualifier
    another cool thing is the warranty its the few extra $s for a lot of support...
    V Twin Emaxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Revo View Post
    I keep looking at the Traxxas lipos, but they are just too expensive when a guy can buy other brands of at least equivalent quality and ratings for much less.
    Just curious as to how you would know about the quality of a Traxxas lipo if you've never owned one.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Just curious as to how you would know about the quality of a Traxxas lipo if you've never owned one.
    Wow, I guess you got me on that one. Of course, my experience could only be limited to what I own.

I know a couple of people who own them and have had the opportunity recently to handle them and run them in my truck. They have them on display at almost all of the hobby shops that I've been to recently.
    Tekno wing mount, Pro-Line wing, Maximizer X-75s, and Maxx Mashers.

RC Competitor
    Sweet stuff, but you seem like a money waster. I just purchased a 6400mah lipo from Venom for 78.99 the same price as your 5000mah. Also tower isn't known for its good prices. I order from Amazon all the time with great results. Also, the sizing is great for my Rustler, it took a light amount of modification, but no cutting was needed.

RC Racer
    I order'd 8 of the 7600 2s packs for my new summit I ordered. actually I ordered two new summits, one for me and another for my daughter. Should have tons of run time. Nice going traxxas, price not to bad, amazing warranty. THANK - YOU.