1/16 summit light set

visiting this side from the merv world.... i just upgraded my bumpers to summit bumpers, and want to install lights in the bumpers. does traxxas, or anyone else sell already made light kits for the it? i don't know if they come with them or not, but my bumpers came with some clear plastic inserts that look and feel a lot like an led....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got the same led lights used in the 1/10 version, remove the plastic inserts and they fit like a glove.

RC Enthusiast
    i bought the RC power flasing led light kit, comes with some lights that fit, and also smaller lights , but comes with the mounts, pretty nice set for $20,

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I got the same led lights used in the 1/10 version, remove the plastic inserts and they fit like a glove.
    for the 1/10 summit i am seeing 2 part numbers

5689 LED lights, front harness (4 clear lights), Summit .............................. $8.00
    5688 LED lights, rear harness (6 red lights), Summit (1)/ wire clip (1) ....... $10.00

can you please show me what was removed?

i probably wont even need most of the back one as there are only 2 rear brakelights, but i might cut it down, maybe, make my own for the rear

Quote Originally Posted by OpTiMuSpRiMe501 View Post
    i bought the RC power flasing led light kit, comes with some lights that fit, and also smaller lights , but comes with the mounts, pretty nice set for $20,
    what is the actual company name of rc power?

i tried googling rc power and came back with tons of stuff
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-13-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    for the 1/10 summit i am seeing 2 part numbers

5689 LED lights, front harness (4 clear lights), Summit .............................. $8.00
    5688 LED lights, rear harness (6 red lights), Summit (1)/ wire clip (1) ....... $10.00

can you please show me what was removed?

i probably wont even need most of the back one as there are only 2 rear brakelights, but i might cut it down, maybe, make my own for the rear
    Do these plug into the receiver AUX ports directly or is there more to the kits than that?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, dunno the rules bout posting ads and stuff , but,

G T POWER 12 LED RC Car Flashing Light System

thats what i got, works great, comes with the cords for the esc, and 12 leds, and a switch, to change the mods on the lights, can turn it into a cop car , if you really wanted too,

The link to an on-line retailer has been removed. Please review Rule 11 of the Traxxas On-Line Community Rules, which prohibits the posting of links to on-line retailers.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-13-2011 at 03:22 PM.

you cant post links to e bay

i dont know if they plug directly into the receiver, i don't own them yet

went and looked at the LHS, they have JST plugs and are plugged in via the diff lock controller... i think i'll wait for the 1/16 version to come out.

Speaking of the 1/16 kit, anyone know when we can expect #7285,7286,7287,7288,7289 to hit the shelves?

RC Competitor
    I just installed the gt power light kit yesterday. I plugged it in Ch5/Batt on the receiver. The 5mm white leds fit perfectly on the front bumper, you just have to remove the plastic inserts and plug in the leds. For the smaller 3mm color leds (e.g. red for rear/brake light) I put them in their mounting plug that came in the box and plugged those in the holes in the rear bumper - the holes are just slightly smaller than the plug, but with some force I could plug them in. Just to be safe I applied some glue so they can't fell out during larger bumps or rollovers, and used plasti dip to seal all of them. I plan to make a light bar for the blue, yellow and whit leds on the roof, then I'll just need to dye the body to finish my "off road emergency truck"

so just to recheck before i order stuff, all the ligths on the summit bumpers a 5mm?

RC Racer
    i made mine when i was bored one day! 5mm led globes!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...46622437_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...84957824_n.jpg

and i dont know much about electrics and aint the best at soldering, but this was the easiest solder job ive ever done.
    cost me something like $12 for four front leds, resisitors,wire and solder. the rear lights i pulled out of a bicycle light.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    so just to recheck before i order stuff, all the ligths on the summit bumpers a 5mm?
    Yes, all are 5mm.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A little more complicated, but, this is how I did it...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4987631

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.