RC poster

Revo big block conversion?

Hey, I have an older Revo 2.5 with a 3.3 in it. The engine is starting to get a little tired, and was a little underpowered to begin with. I would like to drop in a big block, but I have heard that only a few are compatible. I really do not want to pay nearly $300 for a .21TM when I can get an axial 21 or 28 for a fraction of that, but will they fit? Someone was telling me I would need an extended chassis in addition to the conversion kit. Is this true?

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    idk about bb in a 2.5 chassis but the traxxas bb conversion is good for starter box engines. new era is good for other engines i.e. pull start and so forth. stay away from axial they are cheap but will give you problems os and picco are worth the price.
    JESUS CHRIST EVERYDAY!!

RC Qualifier
    I dont know about the extended chassis required BUT I did buy one from ebay with all the part totaled me about 45 bucks with shipping. buys one from the normal online stores or lhs will run 40-60 bucks for just the chassis. Was worth it imo since you got the chance to learn more about the car and such. Plus could do an awesome cleaning job on it to start mostly fresh. As for the motor after much much debeat and research with these guys giving thier thoughts, likes, and experience. I ended up going with a Ofna Picco .26 Jl red dot AND ofna mount. total of about 220 bucks. I got 1 day shipping for another 25 bucks but I am a I WANT IT NOW person. Anyways so far the motor took a bit of getting used to and now is slowly freeing up and giving me a little more juice. I am so far happy with it and if I get dissatisfied with it I will let you know. Search the forums though lots of info on here. even my thread Engine Curiosity.... Lots of info posted in there from them answering questions. Good luck with the choice it is a hard one.

RC poster
    Im looking for some help I just won an auction on a revo 3.3 extended chassis only problem is the truck has no engine and looking for beginners help on how to set it up for a big block. I am not sure on what is the best engine or engine mount and also what fly wheels clutch assembly and clutch bells will work on the big blocks, I have been looking at a dynamite .28 big red? Any help is appreciated

RC Competitor
    you need to post a new thread,at the end of the page on the left you have to click it
    Last edited by Cyborg; 07-17-2013 at 04:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i have an OS TM .21 in my revo. It has a lot more punch, but as many others have noted the stock 3.3 will rev to a higher rpm. The OS is stupid easy to tune.

On the quest for more speed, I just received a new Picco .26 Max and Ofna mount for my revo. I am also switching to a buku clutch and will run higher than stock gears. It should be a rocket once broken in.
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Racer
    I have a 3.3 revo with picco .26 max, and changed the gearing to increase top end and decrease low Ed and it will still ride wheelies, and has stupid torque. I recommend this motor bc it is pretty much made for the revo or tmaxx, and the motor is crazy fast. It will also fit in the 2.5 revo without any mods except the motor mount. I used the trx bb kit bc the ofna one stinks, it strips out easily. With the trx bb kit I have roto start, pullstart, ez start works as well. With the picco max and the trx bb kit I had to cut the back of the mount on both sides with a dremel, u can use other tools to do it, but there are marking already on the mount indicating where to cut. This allows u to use more than bump start. If u wanna use a different big block with that kit u will have to do mods the the rear a arm by cutting into it, or experiment with aftermarket ones to see which fit.
    Last edited by Revoreese; 07-18-2013 at 09:38 PM.