RC Champion

help needed on delta peak settings

i am unsure whether i'm over charging or under charging my stock power cell 8.4v 3000 mah pack my delta peak setting is currently 6mv per cell is this ok? what do you guys use and what's recommended.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

I'm not sure what Traxxas recommends. I would use temp of the pack as a guide. When the charger detects peak and stops the charge cycle measure the temp of the battery. Temps around 120 to 125 is a good generic rule of thumb. If temps are lower you need to set the peak higher if temps are above that set the peak lower.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    When I used Nimh (Lipo only now) I just used the preset mv levels in the chargers and they worked fine.

Make sure your charge rate is high enough too. I read somewhere that for delta peak detection to be effective on Nimh, you need to charge at at least 0.7C, so 2.1A in your case. I used to charge mine at 0.8C or 1C if I was in a hurry.

When I used Nimh (Lipo only now) I just used the preset mv levels in the chargers and they worked fine.
    For many cells the default setting is probably what the manufacturer recommend. For some high quality cells like the Ener-G cell they require a much lower delta peak setting than most chargers would have for a default setting. Charging a cell like an Ener-G cell with too high of a delta peak setting will ruin it in short order.

It is always best to follow manufacturer's recommendations on charging their packs.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Dad, that makes perfect sense to me and I would have done that had I known what the manufacturer's recommendations were. I've only owned Traxxas, Venom and Duratrax Nimh packs but don't ever recall seeing a delta mv setting recommendation, only a maximum charge rate. And trust me, I'm the sort of guy who reads the manuals.

RC Champion
    i use 6mv so 1 mv more sensitive than stock setting and it comes off at around 127-130 but again my pack isn't new and wasn't taken care of in the first few months.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL