RC Racer

Aluminum upgrades??

I've been looking into alum. upgrades. I know for a fact im getting the alum. tranny case, mostly because I read that it helps to dissipate heat from the motor. But how would running alum on alum run? For example alum. tranny case and alum. rear arms.. Would this cause too much friction and create it own heat or weaken the joints at all? Or would be mixxing plastics (such as RPm and so on) with the alum. be the best choice for durability and longevity?

This is mostly going to be for my shelf queen, but will still be used for light bashing and such.

Thanks for the input,
    Michael

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    There won't be enough friction at the joints that would create enough heat to weaken the aluminum. The problem with using aluminum arms and skid plates is that they get scratched and it shows more, especially on powder coated and anodized aluminum parts. If you're gonna bash the truck, then it won't be a very shiny shelf queen for long. If you're barely gonna drive it and it's gonna spend most of it's days on the shelf then you wouldn't need any super strong aluminum parts for it. If you just want it to look pretty and look good on the shelf, and aren't gonna be bashing it very hard, then you could go with the integy aluminum conversion for 120 bucks. But you won't wanna drive it much cuz integy aluminum parts aren't very strong, they just look good

If you want the best of both pretty and strong then you could go with the full rem chassis for 250 bucks

Stock length

Ext

Flm or fastlanemachine also has some great aluminum parts for the pede that are strong and look great.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.417699,-104.615920
    - Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 08-30-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Racer
    Awesome! Thanks!
    The trucks itself will be a 50/50. But won't be for harsh bashing. Just running around on dirt and road and so on.
    Other than that, it'll be on the shelf. Haha. Hence the reason I have 3 Pedes...

where can I find that Rem Chassis you were talking about? And do you know where I could acquire Extended Alum. Arms as well? RCBros used to carry the extended alum for the pede, but I did not see them the last time I visited their site.

Thanks,
    Michael

RC Racer
    Does anyone know if this chassis is any good? I think it looks awesome! Haha.
    Don't want to get it if it's gonna snap on its first small jump.. Lol
    It's the Integy LCG Modified Chassis Set.

thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by NeverFinished View Post
    Awesome! Thanks!
    The trucks itself will be a 50/50. But won't be for harsh bashing. Just running around on dirt and road and so on.
    Other than that, it'll be on the shelf. Haha. Hence the reason I have 3 Pedes...

where can I find that Rem Chassis you were talking about? And do you know where I could acquire Extended Alum. Arms as well? RCBros used to carry the extended alum for the pede, but I did not see them the last time I visited their site.

Thanks,
    Michael

Sent you a pm with the links

RC Racer
    Awesome! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverFinished View Post
    Does anyone know if this chassis is any good? I think it looks awesome! Haha.
    Don't want to get it if it's gonna snap on its first small jump.. Lol
    It's the Integy LCG Modified Chassis Set.

thanks,
    Michael
    It might not snap, but it might bend! That chassis would be best suited for speed runs, that's what it's made for. I don't think it would hold up to bashing.

Search "stampede aluminum" on eBay then click toys and hobbies on the left side of the page, then check out all the different aluminum chassis and other parts available for the pede.
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 08-30-2011 at 02:29 AM.

RC Racer
    Yea! i found a Red Alum. Set for the pede too!! Haha. Same dealer you linked me with the first Integy set!

Would the TMaxx shocks be good to run on the pede? They look good, and I always have a problem with my shocks sagging.. So I was thinking of going with the biggger ones, it should help keep the sagging to a minimum if not rid the issue all together..

They would work for the rear of your pede, but are too long for the front. They might be a little stiff though. Just get stiffer springs for the shocks you have or use more preload spacers to get rid of the sagging.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Stiffer springs and maybe some thicker oil.
    I don't have shelf queens, I have bash kings!

RC Racer
    Awesome, Thanks!!