RC Champion

Question to convert or just buy

hi there every body i have a summit and was woundering is it better to convert it or buy a e revo

at my lhs a brushed e revo is about $650 but was looking online for parts to convert and its about $400 to convert still needing paint(what i mean by convert is turn full e revo) so in the long run will the extra 200 or so be better or just go the cheap way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    $400 to convert, where did that figure come from?

To convert a summit to a brushed erevo I'd say it's much less, or should be:

wheels & tyres = $40-80
    shell = $30-40
    rockers = $5
    springs = $5-10

bulks = $15-20 for front & rear
    diffs = $25-40 each

$120-200 tops I figure.

And that should be it- just leave the diffs unlocked & remove the extra electronics you wont be using, or grab some erevo bulks and diffs; you can resell all the parts you remove to cover most of the conversion cost- more so if you buy used parts.
    Leave the tranny in second gear or grab the few parts you need to make it single speed again; no need to swap out the motor really, the 775 does even better in a lighter eight truck.

Heck, an erevo roller in great condition + spares/ upgrades is only ~$200-300 on ebay, no need to buy a new truck if you are trying to save money or justify the expense...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    i figurd it out this way
    same as you but no
    .rockers
    .springs
    -$15
    but add
    wing
    wing mount
    +$24-$28
    front an rear bumper/mount $20 i guess
    trans seals
    singal speed gears
    so around $300 plus 14% tax and trusty canadian lhs pricing

what i mean buy converting is making it a compleate e revo down to the last part
    and never thought of the roller but then to run it take the summits electronics or another 300 or so for the esc ect...

RC Racer
    If you look online you could get a brand new erevo for about $450 or you could get the brushless for $600-700. Of you were considering spending $650 for a brushed just buy the brushless and save the summit for the snow in the winter.