Thread: tires question

RC poster

Post tires question

hi, what tires would be best for use in the snow?

RC Champion
    check out prolines paddle tires, 2.2"
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Badlands will be the best for snow. I use mashers also, but reversed tread worked the best for me. A few people I drive with rum paddles but they just can't keep up in any condition or terrain lol. I feel that the paddle tires tend too fill and hold the terrain more then it should unlike badlands. Also the mashers run backwards is just like the old whooly bugers I used to run on my 4 wheelers 20 years back. They hook upreal well in the snow
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    if you have it set for mt with hex adaptors i find the old school cheverons off my tmaxx 4910 do great in the snow and dont wear quickly if you have spots wear the snow has been cleared.

RC Qualifier
    throw some chains on the stock tires.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC poster
    where can i get chains?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robotman123 View Post
    where can i get chains?
    You can get them off ebay as soon as cool weather comes but really, for $5 bucks you can go to lowes, home depot, wally world and get the chain of your choice and make your own. Its a great beginners mod if your just getting into it. Getting into this hobbie can be a bit misleading, most trucks are rtr for a beginner with a basic set up that will do well with in general driving. As soon as you start pushing your truck to do more than just drive, you'll find the week links. Get some chains or new tires and do the job yourself because the feeling of completing these mods are awsome. Waiting for someone else to make it will leave you without and worst of all, its the most expensive way to go. This hobbie is a do it yourself based hobbie that will help you gain self worth, self respect, and a bit of know how that can be applied in many other areas.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    A good cheap bashing tire which is a knock off badlands is available from "suprasales" on ebay. I have them and love them in the snow.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Big-Bloc...#ht_500wt_1156