RC Champion

question on traxxas power cell batteries

a new forum so i thought i'd start the first discussion
    anyway i've had a rustler vxl for about 6 months now and i'm still on the stock battery and i don't know how much longer or how long this thing is going to last do any of you guys know?
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

To many variables and not enough information. Saying your battery is 6 months old does not tell us how many cycles is on it. How the battery is charged and used also effects it's life span. When the pack starts accepting less mah on a charge and giving shorter run times you know it is starting the downward slide toward being used up. You may also see temps on the packs increase when you run it as it becomes harder for the pack to supply the system.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    sorry i was a bit brief but if one of these packs was kept in top condition and well cared for how many cycle would it last?
    and my battery takes around 2500 mah and comes off the charger at around 125 F after a 2.5 amp charge rate. would you say that's good nearly toast or had it?
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    sorry i was a bit brief but if one of these packs was kept in top condition and well cared for how many cycle would it last?
    and my battery takes around 2500 mah and comes off the charger at around 125 F after a 2.5 amp charge rate. would you say that's good nearly toast or had it?
    It would be helpful to know the capacity it is stated to be.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yeah still too many unknowns. The point I was trying to make is if you keep track of your battery and know how many mah it took when it was new, let's just say it took 3000mah on a charge then months later you see it start to only take 2700 mah you know it is starting the downward slide. At the same time you will start to notice shorter run times and maybe the pack coming out of the truck a little warmer than it used to. At what point the battery needs replacing is still up to the individual, some might want to run the pack until it barely takes any charge others will want a fresh pack at the first signs of it losing top performance.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    is said stock so 3000 and when it was new it took around 2700 now it takes 2500 (around) and i haven't noticed any huge temp increases but maybe by 5F higher when it comes off the charger
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    I personally have had my power cell for 6 months too. It has maybe 100 runs on it. I always charge it at 1c. It now takes a max of 2000mah and lasts for 9 min in my slash vxl. Even my venom is doing better. I treat them as good I can soo...
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    I thought the stock traxxas batts were awesome in many sizes, but since i tried Venoms....both lipos and nimh, and puffed one with a trouble free replacement....id go for venom!
    VXL....the main thing is to tell us how many times a week you run this?

oh yea Dad, your avitar makes me laugh everytime...makes me think of Mars attacks! ACK ACK!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Champion
    run it 1-2 times a week and take good care of it
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Mine only lasted like 100 runs over a period of a couple months.

I would say start saving for a better battery because it isnt going to last long.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Champion
    like i thought captain speed these packs don't last long
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    i am thinking of getting a rustler vxl and im wondering how long the batteries will last each cycle of running.

RC Champion
    the stock batteries should get you a 15-20 mins run time depending on how hard you run.
    Land of the free?

i got a series 1 battery for the vxl and it takes a full charge but right after it comes off the charger it starts to drain slowly. it has maybe 70 runs and charge cycles. is the battery toast because its draining when off the charger.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    thanks motorstuff