RC Champion

Clutch testing video Buku Brass Komposite Shoes.

I've been beating these shoes like a bad dog on the Maxx with a set of stock tires, they still look new after 10 tanks of bashing, just moved the setup to the Revo with the 40 series Mashers, if they look as good after another 10 tanks of this kind of abuse they will last a life time on a 3.3. No burs, no messy alum buildup inside you're bell, that's the main reason alum shoes fail, the buildup eats them alive. The jury may still be out but I'm shocked, and I have plenty of videos on the tube of how I beat my junk, lol These things rock.

15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Looks awesome, Al. Good grip and seems to last forever. 1:1 cars have hybrid clutches made of steel and other compound materials. Do you have any idea when will be on sale and how much will be.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Qualifier
    looks good. i like your engine also.

RC Champion
    Nice vid thanks AL!!!
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danyvw View Post
    Looks awesome, Al. Good grip and seems to last forever. 1:1 cars have hybrid clutches made of steel and other compound materials. Do you have any idea when will be on sale and how much will be.
    I'll try to get an answer on that in the morning Danny. I'm up at Lake Placid camping, got all the gear with me, lol wait till that revo fires up tomorrow, I'll be making friends, NOT I'm getting all the slashes charged up and ready to go for the kids now, I'll have to make a clip of this madness.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    I'm up at Lake Placid camping.
    So that’s why you didn't answer my calls. Have fun bro catch me when you get home. Wait a minute if you are at Lake Placid in NY I’m like 116 miles away.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Danny here's the down low on the Buku clutch shoes right from Dave the owner.

The BBK shoes are available for the 1/10th clutch now but they are not up on the site yet.

They will be the same price as the Aluminum Komposite Kit/Shoes (ABK) (59.00 for the kit, 26.95 shoes only). If someone want the Brass instead of the Aluminum they can buy the Aluminum and send an email with the Order Number and just say they want the brass not aluminum.

Also, if someone is already running the Buku clutch the Brass or Aluminum Komposite shoes are a direct fit.

One note, the brass is probably too agressive for anyone running a 2.5 motor on anything,or a 3.3 on a Jato or 4-Tec (maybe the Slayer too) It's just too much torque rise.

A Revo or T-Maxx 3.3 that's stock could go either way. The Aluminum Komposite shoes have no problem picking up the front wheel on a Revo 3.3

If someone has big tires, after-market motors (especially .26 or Big Block) or upgraded pipes then the Brass is the way too go.

I have been hammering a set of Brass Komposite Shoes on a mostly stock 3.3 Revo. I was doing wheelies, hitting the brakes, going into reverse, and then pulling the reverse wheelie time after time. End Quote.

I really think they will outlast a 3.3 motor if setup right. JMHO

RC poster
    what shoes would you guys suggest on a on road awd car with a axial 32... eventually running 30%

RC Qualifier
    I have only used the brass komposite shoes. They work great just make sure you use a new clutch bell.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by MX_Designs View Post
    what shoes would you guys suggest on a on road awd car with a axial 32... eventually running 30%
    What vehicle?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    ofna gtp 2 with a axial 32

Since this is a Traxxas forum, support is allowed for only Traxxas products.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Every time i read forums i feel compelled to spend more more money on hop up parts lol. Im very impressed by the Buku and the adjustable Komposite shoes. So thanks Al for the great info and video im sold

A couple of questions though, but first what i have installed. I already have a Traxxas 1.0 pitch 14t cb with stock clutch(not aluminum) and a Traxxas 1.0 pitch 40t spur. I run the Traxxas HD aluminum slipper with my set up. I have about 3 tanks on this set up. The stock clutch has about 2 gallons on it.

Question 1: can i still use my current 14t cb if i was using stock Traxxas clutch(not aluminum)? Or should i get a new one with bigger vents?
    Question 2: Should i upgrade to a steel spur gear?
    Question 3: Should i use any particular type of bearings?
    Question 4: Do i need a special tool to remove the flywheel? Ive seen them for sale so i dont know.

Thanks for the help im still pretty new. I dont mind spending money and beating the crap out of my Revo i just like to get the best and every thing at once for a project. And have as much knowledge as possible before i try new things.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Al comes and goes so not sure if he will respond; if he does he will have a definite answer. I have not run the Buku but my thought that if it grabs much better than a stock then the bell would be cooler as there would be less slippage. Stock bell should be fine. No need to upgrade to a steel spur--a properly set mesh and slipper will allow it to have a long life. You can use Avid bearings as a replacement and go with the metal shields. Flywheel can be removed by using a screwdriver and gently prying it off as you work around it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I just ordered one for my big block revo. Is there only one adjustment screw to adjust all three shoes or three adjustment screws for each shoe?
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    There's a screw for each shoe.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3