Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    RC Champion
    lol don't know, I wasn't nice to the examination group in london when i last phoned them. bought a cheap brand servo and kimbrough servo saver, works a treat. The specs looked good on the servo and price was very cheap, turns out it's ok, not as strong as what it says but still good. so now i'm bashing again.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Which servo?

Is there a set of steel shafts you can use with the KD extentions, I know the traxxas CVDs dont work, but how bout another company?

LOL, if you put the dewalt in a boat im worried about the boat.
    1. the DeWalt is pretty heavy so your weighing down ur stern alot unless you have a long shaft.
    2. compared to a 12t the dewalt has insane torque, so I hope you have a TiNi prop and shaft.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Which servo?
    One of the cheap clones, This one does ok, centres ok, not the claimed torque rate but still quite high. for the price it is ok, i still have the 2075 as spare.

RC Qualifier
    I got all my trucks finished! the maxx with the dewalt, added novak smart stop so its lipo ready now! my e revo with the mamba monster! the stampede brushless with maxx tires! all new bodies...and the spartan, and blast boats are now in the arsenal!!!!
    and a large stock pile of lipos!!!!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 06-09-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

RC Champion
    cool,
    Don't run the smart stop down to the cut off.
    Unless they have raised the limit of the cut off to a more reasonable voltage.
    The boats look great on the vids i've seen.

RC Champion
    WE WANT PICS AND VIDS PLEASE!!!!

You could really kick some butt with some automatic airsoft or paintball guns on those. Youve got your ground force and water support, you just need the air support and ur unbeatable

Shoot for about 3.2v per cell. 3.0 is ok, but not ideal, especialy if you have expensive batts that you want to use again.

RC Qualifier
    I believe the smart stop "says" 6.25 volts a@2S and Trax the spartan was awesome on Nimh Batteries, I should have it out tomorrow on LIPOS!!!! should be insane! I just got my wife a new camera that does hd video Ill try to post some of the boat!
    the gang

the E revo

the Maxx

and the Pede
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 06-09-2012 at 07:18 PM.

RC Champion
    Yea the cut off is still low and need to make sure the lipos are well balanced everytime 6.25 and measures two cells not individually. If one cell happens to go down to 3.0 and the other is 3.3 it will still run, I've only hit the stop once with mine when i was testing it out with the old lipos. One cell went that low it needed a nimh charge for a minute or two to bring the voltage up. As soon as you see the blue led or a drop in power stop.
    look forward to see the boat in action, there is a rc boat club on the lake behind where i live, they are expensive model ships, they look great, old large wooden war sailing ships but lack the power to have any fun with they would break if they went fast

RC Qualifier
    well back to the semi stock bell crank system on the maxx, but got the Golden Horizons aluminum set up with some SC-1258TG titanium gear savox servos, I have to say that those savox's are awesome! strong and fast! gonna hit the local hardware store and try to find a thin washer to go above the bell crank spring for a little more hold, I always thought they needed to make a heavier spring for the maxx bell crank like they do for the revo, but they do say only use the heavier revo spring with the aluminum revo bell crank

RC Champion
    how they all running

RC Qualifier
    well had to gear the 2wd pede down to 12/90 because of the over sized tires now its running nice temps, and dont back flip on a dime anymore lol, the revo spun the stock rear plastic wheel hex's, so I went to the aluminum hexs i had to put a little epoxy in the rim's hexes and clamp the aluminum hex's in place because it slightly "spun" the plastic hex's in the rim's and I was unsure if they would hold, and also moved the rear rims to the front and front to the back because the fronts were fine, it worked great and its running awesome, I was running 18/54 with the mmm it was insane fast but i run more off road, and the motor felt a little warmer than id like so I dropped it to 16 tooth pinion, and I like it! the maxx is getting a steering overhaul as you read , and I still wand to spin the transmission and use the brushless revo motor mount so I can lower the pinion to 18 tooth, on the dewalt. I burned up a set of NimH batteries so I want to lower the gearing a little, the spartan was unbelievable on 6s need to make some small prop shaft adjustments, and maybe add some trim tab adjusters to help bring the bow down it was on the verge of a blow over several times, hows yours doing? whats new?

RC Champion
    haven't had much time with it lately, trying to sort out the college things only get weekend bashing, everythings going well, nothings breaking so just replacing small parts,changing the led's to brighter. Do need some new wheels, I've been saying that for a year now though. Also been considering getting the same motor and going dual with another esc. Or running 5s with the setup I have.

RC Qualifier
    Ive been watching ebay for the new Traxxas 16.8v EVX-2 LVD Waterproof ESC Speed Control for the max, its gonna be the next new part, Ive been tuning down a bit lol makes for less breakage! and
    I do more off road so Im going for quick short runs to get from on jump to the next fast not long top end speed runs.

RC Qualifier
    either that or a brushless that will work with my MMP, and big enough to run the max

RC Qualifier
    Its been a LONG time but I'm back!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    welcome back. any changes. I got myself an awesome new charger PL8 and some more presents to myself this week, hopefully.

RC Champion
    So you got the GH bell cranks? any other steering mods besides servos? Sorry, but my memory is somewhat faulty

What shoes are those on the pede?

and welcome back

RC Qualifier
    Mike??? lol is that you