Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    he could do a video of the stang and maxx racing
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

RC Qualifier
    the only problem with that would be...he would want to be driving both!...lolol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieman3037 View Post
    the only problem with that would be...he would want to be driving both!...lolol
    Your right there Rich! Its hard to drive the two at the sametime.

RC Champion
    LOL, and what fun would that be because then you have to limit the stang to the speed of the Maxx.
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"

RC Qualifier
    he could modify the transmitter to work with the stangs steering and throttle...

RC Qualifier
    he could modify the transmitter to work with the stangs steering and throttle...
    It couldn't handle the POWER!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    LOL, and what fun would that be because then you have to limit the stang to the speed of the Maxx.
    Very true Power!

RC Champion
    Or you could just put a wing body and CC 8s 1/5 system in the maxx. that might be scary.

RC Qualifier
    lol ...power I have thought about that actually

RC Qualifier
    Whats going on yall!

RC Qualifier
    hanging in there Mike,been kind of quiet around here

RC Qualifier
    hanging in there Mike,been kind of quiet around here
    It must be that time of the year.

RC Qualifier
    Anything going on yet? Looks like its about time to pull the truck out!

RC Champion
    i just been tidying up the all the wires in mine, just got the servo and smart stop to tidy up, also soldered single 10awg wires to the brushes. Haven't tried it yet.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Champion
    Just hangin here, lots of stuff goin on so not much time with the truck. I have to email Dan and see about some warrenty on my single 700-HO, I managed to shear the internal cooling fan and now that the weather is warmer the motor is really heating up. Also managed to kill my second slipper, so now im looking at maybe the RR gen 3, but im not sure how that will work with the KD.

Hope'n to get the maxx out for easter to chase my cousins around again

RC Qualifier
    Its about time you get it done! Man.....Its been 80 all week here and was getting ready to charge all my batts and lipos up and looked at the weather and now its going to rain all week.

RC Qualifier
    I have had my (3) out several Times, the maxx and the 2 mod pedes, and The maxx is the 4 wheel steering Pede I haven't had to repair, the other pede I went with maxx size tires, and Brushless( Velineon 3500 Motor with a mamba max pro esc), and that one has broken a mip steel drive shaft and a steel adjustable camber link! but all is repaired and ready to roll again, hows everyone been?

RC Champion
    Doh, i need to work on steering, it's not going as good as it used to be. Its ok going backwards, but forwards is very poor. Some of these runs going forward is full turn and wasn.t turning much. Hopefully it's just the stock bellcrank.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey trax de maxx, my bro had a problem with his maxx's steering too. i fixed it by putting a washer on top of the spring to tighten it up with more preload. never had a problem since and its been over a year. so long as both your servos are working then it should work.

goalieman3037, your revo should be way fast on 6s! have you run it yet? i am waiting on my dual 14.4v dual system from KD to show up and was thinking about running 6s through it.
    Last edited by Mr.ReVoLuTiOnArY; 03-27-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Champion
    doesn't have the spring it's the single servo 3906. Got a metal bellcrank on order and bearings hopefully that will help as the stock plastic one just flexes. After that it's a more powerfull servo. But have been thinking since my shocks and bulks are very expensive and in the top few products. getting the 3905 chassis and tranny or roller putting my 3906 front and rear end on and go with kershaws twin then build up around that set up.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh Ok. my bad dude. the it sounds like that would probably help allot and yes get a more powerful servo. i recommend the hitec hs-645mg, its an ultra torque so its a little slow but solid as a rock. i have tried to break it but have been completely unsuccessful in my attempts. i love this servo and the price is great too, $31.99, however it has been known to not work with the traxxas 2.4ghz radios, but if you run traxxas 27mhz it works great!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ89&P=7

And that would be a pretty cool build! you should go for it!
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    this is what I did to my steering, but I used ofna heavy duty servo savers on each servo instead of the arms shown in this photo, and so far its been great! I did the hitec hs-645mg...and stripped them/fixed them.but Im going to titanium gear servos from here on out!

Hey trax which bell crank are you getting? I did the plastic bushing to bearing mod too!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 03-29-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added text

RC Qualifier
    Hey Mr R whats up? I scrapped the dual hitachi motor set up and Im going to the mamba monster! still on 6s, just gotta sweet talk the little lady...lol...into letting me get it!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey goalieman, that's weird you stripped the hs-645mg servo because i have not been able to even if i try to purposefully. and that looks like a really solid setup for a maxx.

Oh ok, dang it. i was hopping you would be able to tell me how it ran. the MMM system is pretty wicked tho so i can definitely understand why you scrapped the Hitachi motors. I am running dual 14.4v dewalt motors geared 31/62 in my revo on 16.8v with 8400mah worth of nimh, and man is this thing powerful. Haha! i love it and it is waterproof too! Pretty heavy tho... and yes that is correct, 8400mah.
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    I got bold and tried to run without any type of servo saver...lol thats why I stripped them but all i had to do was rotate one gear 180 degrees and got back to good teeth you now they only move a small amount so it didnt get back to the bad teeth

RC Champion
    Ya, you need some umph if you're going to run DeWalt on nimh and get the full performance.

RC Enthusiast
    goalieman, Yeah brave is right! Haha! i never run with out a servo saver. and that is good cause i have had very good luck with them. running two in a summit with a 12v dewalt motor on 14 cells and it has way more than enough torque to turn those big wheels.

PowerToTheMaxx, yes you do. and it has paid off very well for me. my revo with the dual 14.4v motors are frickin animals. it has enough torque to spin the world backwards. it becomes heavy tho but im not an insane basher, i do a lot of trail riding and backyard stuff so it actually helps when crawling. and suspension sag was overcome by custom bottom out resistors i made that are longer and harder than the stocker's. it sits at a nice ride height now. plus the widening kit KD offers helps with stability as well.
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    Im thinking of using one of the dewalts on a boat I have and running it direct drive to the prop shaft, Im wondering if it can take it without gearing it down? I know its a beast on my Maxx, and they will handle some high heat, but im wondering if it will over heat( without gearing it down) what do the rest of you fellow dewalters think?...lol by the way if you notice I miss k's in some words, my k buttons acting up
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 03-31-2012 at 08:00 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Im thinking of using one of the dewalts on a boat I have and running it direct drive to the prop shaft, Im wondering if it can take it without gearing it down? I know its a beast on my Maxx, and they will handle some high heat, but im wondering if it will over heat( without gearing it down) what do the rest of you fellow dewalters think?...lol by the way if you notice I miss k's in some words, my k buttons acting up
    That is true. the dewalt motors are beastly to no end, however i am not sure if it would run good in a boat? you should try it and use a conservative prop and batteries and just keep an eye on your temps, then you should be fine. if you do let us know how it goes. you could dubb it "Dewalrus" also i heard of someone else on another thread getting 300 degree com temps on 5s w/ a 12v'er and his motor was totally fine.
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    I say.......Run it!!!!

RC Qualifier
    how did you get 8400mah of nimh battery??

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpower396 View Post
    how did you get 8400mah of nimh battery??
    well its easy. i was running 4200mah 7 cell batteries and got another set decided, hey i want more runtime and built two brackets for them to mount above the front and rear shocks of my e-revo. then i built my own battery trays. then got some traxxas parallel harness adapters and plugged two in parallel on one side of esc and the other two on the other side. its heavy but i don't care cause im not a hardcore basher. plenty of power and runtime for me! takes a while to charge tho... the brackets also gave me a good place to move my esc with my dual dewalt motors as well!
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    Im sure it will work fine in the boat but the "direct drive" setup is what im concerned about. i ran the Titan® 12T Modified Motor but it was geared down 2:1,and it ran it pretty good, but we stripped the plastic gears.....the rating on that dewalt is 1325 RPM per volt or 19080 rpm at 14.4 volts, Im gonna run the boat at 4s can you imagine that prop turning at 19080+ rpms??? does anyone now thw rpms per volt of the 12t titan?

RC Enthusiast
    1325k/v for the 12v, 14.4v or 18v? sounds good then! i say go for it! direct drives should be pretty solid so long as you use good components. i do not know the k/v of the 21t titans for sure, and yes i mean the stock motors in the e-maxx and e-revo, but it should be around 32-34,000 rpm @ 16.8v for the 21t. so the 12t should be around that many rpm at lower volts.
    Last edited by Mr.ReVoLuTiOnArY; 04-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    ooops sorry that was for the 14.4 volt
    http://www.wa4dsy.com/robot/dewalt-drill-motor

RC Enthusiast
    thats alright! sounds good, so i say give it a go and see what happens! worst case you burn up the motor and buy $4 brushess or a new motor for $20-40, so why not?
    Look MA! I Haz TRAXXAZ!

RC Qualifier
    cant get the 14.4 to bolt in to get a good drive shaft angle, I think Im just gonna go brushless

RC Qualifier
    How has everyone been? Not toooooo much going on here other than playing with the Stang.

RC Champion
    cool, been working on steering, working on mountain bike and waiting for exam results what was supposed to be here 10weeks ago but the college or examination board have lost the papers, lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    cool, been working on steering, working on mountain bike and waiting for exam results what was supposed to be here 10weeks ago but the college or examination board have lost the papers, lol.
    So.....That means you passed!!!!