Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    RC Champion
    U gonna run a EVX in the pede? You could have the pede be a water truck, the maxx be a basher/offroader, and the revo be a high speed truck, or some combo there of.

I might go for the MMM, but I love waterproofing to much, and I dont want to void the warrenty on a $300 system...
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    I say keep it like it is now Rich and make another one!

RC Qualifier
    lol Mike if it was just that easy, I already started the revo, don't think the little lady would like it if I started another E maxx too! did your wife have her surgery yet? if so Hows she doing?....well after further mock ups, its gonna be easier to make the e maxx the brushless @ 6s, and the e revo the twin Hitachi 18 volters ( until they die, then twin dewalts ) ran off the mamba monster esc @ 6s , and the Pede with the dewalt @ 16.8 NimH or 4s lipo, and power I know what you mean I cant believe that castle hasn't water proofed the MMM yet. I cant believe that I don't see as many posts about steering issues on the E Maxx, Once again I have stripped the gears in the 2075 servos, not to dis on traxxas, but they need a beefier servo for these big/heavy high power trucks! I looked at some Hitec servos, but even the high torque metal gear servos still have one plastic gear in them, maybe that gear is not likely to be the one that strips out? does anyone have a problem if I post some e revo pics in this post, since you guys are the ones I usually truck talk with?
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-04-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added text
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

RC Champion
    you could change the gears to metal and leave it waterproof, or buy a higher spec metal gear servo and plasti dip it.
    Changing the gears is cheapest option if you want to stay at the specs of the 2075.
    swapping out 2075 gears to metal
    or youtube searching google will come up quite a how too's..
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    found this on you tube I may give it a try found the parts for $.99 per gear set!
    http://youtu.be/lxkMUrtWrXM
    THANKS TRAX!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-04-2011 at 11:25 AM.

RC Champion
    The Hitec are fine as long as you use a servo saver/stock bell cranks/something.

Futaba and Savox also make verry good servos, and any servo can be waterproofed with liquid electrical tape and petrolium jelly/silicon grease.

RC Qualifier
    Rich....Yeah she had it Thursday! She went back to the Dr today and took her bandage off and will have her in pt on the 20th for 5wks. Sucks for us!!! She has to start moving it a little but she still is in a lot of pain. Thank god for pain meds! LOL!!! As for your Revo stuff.....You can just keep adding to mine. I dont care!!! Pics would be nice SLACKER!!! LOL! Oh Yeah....Thanks for asking about the wife!

RC Qualifier
    your welcome Mike, give her my best wishes for a speedy and as pain free as possible recovery!!!!, I got some pics of the revo motor mods ill post after work!

RC Champion
    ^that and pain meds are the best thing since sliced bread, my Grandpa just got 18 teeth pulled in 3 weeks, lots of pain meds in that to, especially when hes playing clarinet or tuba...

And revos are awesome, just dont go on about how they're better than the maxx.

RC Qualifier
    lol I would never say they are better than the maxx! The thing I think I like the best is the video thats out there that shows the revo going down a set of steps on a angle and i just think the way the suspension moves, looked way cool.
    here are some pics of my dual motor mounts that will eventually have two dewalts on it. as soon as i run the life out of these Hitachi's...lol

I'm gonna use a mamba monster esc, , on these dual Hitachi's @ 6s, and I'm thinking about 20/65 gearing (I have been in touch with castle and they think it should work running both motors in parallel in the brushed mode )
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.

RC Champion
    Ya, you're probaly not going to cook a MMM on brushed motors...
    Gonna use 14v DeWalts or 18v/24v Dewalts?

Looks like pretty skimpy wire from the motors to the ESC, maybe want to make that 12 or 14 gauge (MMM uses 10 gague MAXX cable).

That looks really beast with the snowman placemat...

RC Qualifier
    Im probably gonna use the 18 volt dewalts, and yeah I was gonna change the wires to 10 or 12 awg....what you dont like the wifes snowmen? lol just trying to be festive

RC Qualifier
    NICE!!!! I will tell you Rich....The 14.4's are better than the 18v.

RC Qualifier
    yeah that's whats been said Mike, but I'm thinking twin 18 volters, over-volted to 22.2 volts (6s Lipo) Im still debating , since Im running the mmm on the maxx soon i want to run 6s on that, and the twin dewalts will be on the revo, and id be able to use the same batteries on both....
    I think I have the servo problem solved!, my 2075's now have metal gears....lol the gear set I used has been discontinued and I could only find 8 sets total and I bought them all ! I haven't had a chance to bash it hard with the modified servos, my batteries were close to dead, but so far it looks promising!

the gear set even came with bearings too, instead of bushings, and it works in the 2056's I have too!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-08-2011 at 05:27 PM.

RC Champion
    Nice. How much for the 8?

RC Qualifier
    on clearance .99 per package!!! normally $6.99 each, I even got lucky and the stock servo arms even fit the new spline!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-09-2011 at 04:16 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Every time I think ill be able to start playing with my Maxx someone gets me 2 go 2 a car show. Ive got one in the a.m.! I just found out today my car will be in Fox Mustang Magazine in Jan.!!!!! Here is 2 of the pics.........

RC Qualifier
    back to the drawing board on the metal gear upgrade!...lol needs some servo mods to get it to work, ill iron out the issues before i need them in the revo, but i just went to some hitecs for the maxx for now, i added to this forum about the servo upgrade if you want to see where im at with it and add any input!
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ear-2075-Servo

RC Qualifier
    Merry Christmas Maxx Brothers!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Merry Christmas to you and yours too Mike!!

RC Champion
    merry christmas to all.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    Merry Christmas Trax!!

RC Qualifier
    Power and AoD....Where yall at? Merry Christmas hope yall have a good and happy one!

RC Champion
    Im right here, faithfully checking the forum on Christmas Day. AoD has been gone for a while and does not appear to be around any more. hopefully he will one day reapear to offer top quality advice and guidance, but for the time being we will have to do without him.

RC Qualifier
    Now Christmas is over and I didnt get nothing for the Maxx. Thats fine with me! I got a lot of stuff for the Mustang!!!! Hope yall had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

RC Qualifier
    I got all my E revo rpm arms and steering knuckles! I hope everyone had a nice Holiday!

RC Racer
    Are any of running the center diff? I am interested on the performance with the larger motors.

If it's under control, your not going fast enough. Sent via iPhone taptalk.
    If its under control, your not going fast enough!

RC Qualifier
    here we go again more steering issues now the bell crank arm broke where it connects to the link that connects it to the servo horn, my next upgrade is the Integy Aluminum Steering Bell Crank (Blue): T-Maxx 2.5 & 3.3 im using the t maxx setup because its a single piece on the servo saver side,instead of the spring loaded arm, i have it all installed but there are some more mods to be done it will be similar to this but no servo savers

this is the arm ill be using instead of the servo saver arm
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 12-31-2011 at 06:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I wish you the best of luck Rich! Looks like its being a pain!

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-01-2012 at 09:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey power heres the pede with the dewalt mounted on it, I still need to make the receiver/ esc mount for it

the next steering mod is complete! and is working like a great, no servo whine from them fighting each other. actually the truck in general is working to the MAXX!!!!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-05-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Competitor
    i will have show my better half this thread

RC Racer
    Looking great goalieman! PM will be sent. Ijust did a stainless steel screw set and was playing with all the slack in the steering so I will be PM ing you so I can give this a try.
    If its under control, your not going fast enough!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tonto1596 View Post
    i will have show my better half this thread
    Thanks! Lots of in here!!!

RC Qualifier
    How is it coming along Rich?

RC Qualifier
    Coming along great! lol just trying to convince the better half that it needs to come along faster is the issue!...lol...hows your wife doing mike, recovering ok?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieman3037 View Post
    Coming along great! lol just trying to convince the better half that it needs to come along faster is the issue!...lol...hows your wife doing mike, recovering ok?
    She went back to work today for the 1st day. I can tell she is in alot of pain tonight but she should be ok. Its hard when it comes to convincing the better 1/2's. I know all about it! LOL!!!! I had to talk mine into letting me get another set of headers for the stang. It took about 3 hrs of talking with her and $315 but Ive got a set of 1 3/4 on the way. Now I can take the 1 5/8 off!!!

RC Qualifier
    You still around Rich? Look what came in the mail today......

RC Qualifier
    yeah mike im still around.....thats too cool! you did a great job on the stang! It deserves to be in there!!!
    I bench tested the revo today with the twin 18 volt Hitachi's today- 22.2 volts for five minutes and they did great! I know it wasn't a "true" test because they were only under the load of turning the tires without being on the ground, but man they seem like they are gonna Rock!, soon as I burn out the brushes I'm going to twin dewalt 18 volters , at least they have replaceable brushes, and as far as them taking the 22.2volt 6s voltage , should be no problem, those things are beasts! I actually read somewhere that they over volted the 14.4 volt dewalt to 22.2 volts without any issues!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 01-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieman3037 View Post
    yeah mike im still around.....thats too cool! you did a great job on the stang! It deserves to be in there!!!
    I bench tested the revo today with the twin 18 volt Hitachi's today- 22.2 volts for five minutes and they did great! I know it wasn't a "true" test because they were only under the load of turning the tires without being on the ground, but man they seem like they are gonna Rock!, soon as I burn out the brushes I'm going to twin dewalt 18 volters , at least they have replaceable brushes, and as far as them taking the 22.2volt 6s voltage , should be no problem, those things are beasts! I actually read somewhere that they over volted the 14.4 volt dewalt to 22.2 volts without any issues!
    Thanks Brother! Sounds like the monster is going to be a monster of all monsters!!!!!

RC Champion
    LOL, It looks like that pede will do a stand-still wheelie with that huge motor on the back.

And the Stang looks great, I wouldn't mind seeing a vid of the stang movin... Maybe PM it so you dont violate forum rules. You just need a mustang body for your maxx!!.

And I hope your wife starts to feel better.