Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    are you sure it's the batteries and not with using Nimhs with the smart stop.

RC Qualifier
    I dont have none of the lipo stuff on the truck yet. Thats all still on the table!!!!

Im going to get another waterproof box and 6'' extention wire that plugs into the LVC and the Transmitter box. That way I dont have to keep taken the cover off just to plug in the LVC. I dont want to run the Lipos all the time due to them not being waterproof.

I've went to the hobby shop and they gave me a new traxxas battery to replace my other one. All I can say is.......This is a MONSTER with stock batteries and can't wait to see what it does with the Lipos. It's 1 willie machine!!!!!!!!! I tried to do a video but its hard to drive and hold the phone at the same time.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-26-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    My friend set his phone up on the ground and got some great vids of him drifting until he slid into his phone and sent it flying.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    My friend set his phone up on the ground and got some great vids of him drifting until he slid into his phone and sent it flying.
    LOL!!! I was going to do that but dont want to take that chance. Ill come up with something!

RC Champion
    Ya, he has done some crazy things.

Duct tape it to a tree, find a random guy off the street, heck, tape it to the truck, especially if your contract is amost up or you have a really good replacement plan.

RC Qualifier
    Ya, he has done some crazy things.

Duct tape it to a tree, find a random guy off the street, heck, tape it to the truck, especially if your contract is amost up or you have a really good replacement plan.
    This is like me 3rd phone this year. The last one grew wings and took flight right into the wall in the office. I LOVE MY WIFE!!!! LOL!!!

RC Champion
    WOW looks like your in the wrong line of RCs. I hear E-flight makes lovely planes and helis, including 1/32 scale for indoor use. I hope your boss dosn't mind a constant hight piched wine folowed by a crash and a swear.

RC Qualifier
    WOW looks like your in the wrong line of RCs. I hear E-flight makes lovely planes and helis, including 1/32 scale for indoor use. I hope your boss dosn't mind a constant hight piched wine folowed by a crash and a swear.
    Swear.....Not me LOL!!!! They hear it all day every day!!!!

Its hard to hold the phone and drive at the same time!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-28-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Put the truck in some dirt today and got a video then the cam broke!!! Will get more this wk!

RC Qualifier
    hey Power, thanks I read one of your post that you suggested to check your local hardware store for springs, I did just that! Found some springs by a company called Hillman....spring #47, looks like they will work great for my Maxx mod! and they were only $1.47 each!....Thanks again for the suggestion!
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieman3037 View Post
    hey Power, thanks I read one of your post that you suggested to check your local hardware store for springs, I did just that! Found some springs by a company called Hillman....spring #47, looks like they will work great for my Maxx mod! and they were only $1.47 each!....Thanks again for the suggestion!
    Its looking good Goalie! Its about time for power now right?

RC Champion
    Ya, I slow down when school starts...

Its amazing what you can find at the LHS (local Hardeware store)

And so you go to waly-mart and get a 10 dolar bluetooth earpiece and you can drive and talk without holding the fone.

RC Qualifier
    it gets full power tomorrow!! picking up the second battery on the way home from work! hitting ebay up and ordering the new body while it charges!

RC Qualifier
    it gets full power tomorrow!! picking up the second battery on the way home from work! hitting ebay up and ordering the new body while it charges!
    Sweet man! I took mine out today and made the dogs mad. LOL! Now that the car is done but the fog lights ill be able to play with the truck more.

RC Champion
    cool mines running better and better everytime now since changing to newer style diffs, still got the steel idlers to change might start that now until it gets dark. Off college next week so full days ahead.

RC Champion
    Cant wait to see vids...

RC Qualifier

added text

estimated delivery of the body is Friday the 21st!!!, my modified build is slightly longer than stock so ill have to fabricate some new front body mounts! Ill get some video shortly after that!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-18-2011 at 04:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I need a 95mm (3.75") long ( from the end of the ball to end of the ball) steel dog bone drive shaft if anyone knows where to find one?

RC Qualifier
    I need a 95mm (3.75") long ( from the end of the ball to end of the ball) steel dog bone drive shaft if anyone knows where to find one?
    What about your LHS?

RC Qualifier
    got the drive shaft problem solved! and the new body came today, body mounts should be here tomorrow, but ill have do some mods to the front mounts because my overall length is slight longer than stock!

RC Champion
    That looks pretty beast. I know those are summit wheels, but are those summit tires? Cant wait to see it in action. Post a pic of whats under the hood too please.

RC Qualifier
    Man...That truck looks sick! I havent been able to get on much due to my Mustang. Got it painted and now every1 wants me to go to shows with them. Ive got 1 were going to this wkend and that should be it until Nov. Then ill be back to playing with the truck. Here is a pic of the car.

RC Qualifier
    yep those are summit tires, Ill get some under the hood shots up when I can find what the wife did with the cam! I have the dewalt 14.4 motor on it with 22/68 gearing, I started out with 24/68 but the motor was running a little hot,EVX-2 speed controller 2 -8.4 volt 5000maH batteries (But the lipos are on the next thing to get list!...lol ) I have the differential spindles so I'm running full 4 wheel drive, so far I had to fabricate steel center drive shafts, fabricate because it is a custom chassis so I couldn't find any to fit right out of the package! now one of the servos (2075) has stripped out on the rear steering system so im looking at these ....

If you scroll down on the page the link sends you to there are all the specs in these servos they seem to be some nice servos, and the guy Guarantees they will be the most powerful servos you'll ever use, they have metal gears and double ball bearings, sooo I may give them a try!

Nicccccccccccccce! jarhead

The link to an on-line retailer has been removed. Please review Rule 11 of the Traxxas On-Line Community Rules, which prohibits the posting of links to on-line retailers.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-22-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Well final weight is 14lbs , Isn't the stock plastic chassis E Maxx about 9.25 lbs? I was curious on how the 18 volt Hitachi cordless drill motor would run my truck compared to the 14.4 volt dewalt, BTW gearing is 22/68, right now I have a steering problem one of my rear servos is stripped so i just was able to punch the throttle and stop, and it had enough torgue to pull the wheels off the ground about 2", this was with two 8.4 volt batteries with about 5 mins of run time on them..... so I have a question for anyone with a E maxx, Have you ever ran it on just one 550 motor? how did it run, torgue/speed, and how do think it would do with 4.75 extra lbs on the truck? I have never had the 550's so I don't really have anything to compare it too.
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-23-2011 at 10:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Well final weight is 14lbs , Isn't the stock plastic chassis E Maxx about 9.25 lbs? I was curious on how the 18 volt Hitachi cordless drill motor would run my truck compared to the 14.4 volt dewalt, BTW gearing is 22/68, right now I have a steering problem one of my rear servos is stripped so i just was able to punch the throttle and stop, and it had enough torgue to pull the wheels off the ground about 2", this was with two 8.4 volt batteries with about 5 mins of run time on them..... so I have a question for anyone with a E maxx, Have you ever ran it on just one 550 motor? how did it run, torgue/speed, and how do think it would do with 4.75 extra lbs on the truck? I have never had the 550's so I don't really have anything to compare it too.
    550's suck!!! Your better to just keep what you have and go Lipos. My truck is around 10 lbs.

RC Qualifier
    The more you use your new batts the better they get! My stock Traxxas batts now last for about 25 mins but that is going slow and playing in ditches.
    Last edited by _jarhead_; 10-23-2011 at 10:56 AM.

RC Champion
    you'd be under volting the 18v motor, Will be like running the drill when the batteries low on power.
    16.8v to power 18v motor low power..under volting
    16.8v to power 14.4v motor lots of power. over volting.
    i ran my old emaxx a couple days ago and had all four wheels lift of the ground a little, but yesterday seemed to run slow i think it was the connection to the motor was loose i noticed when i changed the idlers, I have soldered that thing on good now.
    Hopefully everythings sweet come next week, mud fest.

RC Qualifier
    Oh no jarhead I think the dewalts rock even on the NimH batteries! I'm just trying to see if the Hitachi's out perform the 550's just in case I have to wait for some new dewalt brushes ( lol... you know one of those wife issues) Id have something to fall back on, so far the Hitachi's seem to rock too, but have tested it to the full extent because i have to rebuild a rear steering servo tomorrow and finish up the wheelie bar, then ill test the Hitachi's for real!

RC Qualifier
    Oh no jarhead I think the dewalts rock even on the NimH batteries! I'm just trying to see if the Hitachi's out perform the 550's just in case I have to wait for some new dewalt brushes ( lol... you know one of those wife issues) Id have something to fall back on, so far the Hitachi's seem to rock too, but have tested it to the full extent because i have to rebuild a rear steering servo tomorrow and finish up the wheelie bar, then ill test the Hitachi's for real!
    How much bigger is that motor to the Dewalt? If you have a service center for Dewalt you can just take lunch $ and pick some up for $8.00. I still haven't done nothing for a wheelie bar yet because I dont want to take my RPM bumper off.
    Last edited by _jarhead_; 10-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    my wife's off with the cam, when she gets back Ill post some pick of my wheelie bar and the tires im using on it, they were just some 1.75" bounce resistant plane tires.,Ill look at the rpm bumpers at my lhs, maybe I can make something to work with them and send them to you, as far as the motors goes its actually its about the same size maybe a hair smaller, but it seems to be pretty beefy, lol you know how it is always trying for something better, I figure I have them give them a try. I may be building a e revo next, might try them on it!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    heres the wheelie bar, I still have to get the hardware to mount the tires to the bar

RC Qualifier

Cool

I think this one will work for you jarhead

This is the Team Integy Evolution-3 Wheelie Bar
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-23-2011 at 06:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I looked at that one but I dont care to much for the 1 wheel. Loving you wheelie bar!

RC Champion
    Nice wheelie bar, but i wounder how the airplane tires will hold up

RC Qualifier
    they should hold up well, they were on my stampede for quite some time, and you would never know it! and I ran that mostly on asphalt! well with the 18 volt Hitachi on my mod maxx It did 26 mph through the tall grass!, but the front drive shaft didn't hold up again!
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

RC Champion
    Sounds like its time for some CVDs/Dogbones.

Idealy you would get a CC MMM or Tekin RX8 ESC, because they can handle 18v in brushed motor mode as well as in brushless mode. Or an old Novek superduity.

RC Qualifier
    I do have steel drive cups and dogbones , the trouble is no one has one the right size for my custom work I had to cut/shorten/them(next time ill build from the drive line up!) but my weld isn't holding, the sleeve i used to reconnect the dogbone half's has a thin wall and I'm not getting enough weld, I'm going to drill them and put in some roll pins I think that should do it, now I just need to decide on a metal gear-high torque servo to replace the 2075's, there is so much torque,( you know it is 4 wheel steering) and with the tires pushing as their turning the plastic gears cant take it. BTW I'm going back to the 14.4 volt dewalt I was just curious on what the Hitachi's would do!

Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-24-2011 at 06:58 PM.

RC Qualifier
    does anyone know for sure how they measure dogbones? is it from pin center to pin center?

RC Champion
    Hit up dan at KD for some custom dogbones. It would make sense for it to be pin-to-pin, but anything's possible. Hitec, Futaba, and Savox are the makers of good servos.

The Hitec HS-7955TG is pretty much the top of the line for the maxx; digital, titanium gears, 330oz of torque, .15 second rotation. but its rather expensive, $120 from tower, and acording to the rep at Ihobby expo, its just as waterproof as any other servo as long as some petrolium jelly is placed around the output shaft

RC Qualifier
    well i Think i found some dogbones that will fit without any mods needed, and a design to help stabilize the servos, since i didn't use the bell crank system( Ill never do that again on the bigger trucks), but due to hand surgery I wont be able to install much for a week or so well power i checked with Dan but only got one reply to my mail, and i think i may try the Hitec HS-755MG servos its rated at 183.3 oz-in of Torque @ 6.0V , and has dual ball bearings, and metal gears and is only about $40 each
    Last edited by goalieman3037; 10-29-2011 at 07:41 AM.