Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 338
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    I'd think very carefully about choosing A123s for use in the brushed emaxx, much better off with lipos really...

    THANKS ARMY!!!! Thats all I needed to know! LOL!!! Now.....To pick out Lipos!

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by _jarhead_ View Post
    What? Im lost! LOL!!!! Trax de max.....Didnt you do this same set up? What gears did you use?
    Looks like ill be getting a 21t and 22t pin gears. Im going to start off with the 22t and get a esc fan. Josh68625 told me his ran a little hot with the 22/68 but if he ran a 21/68 wouldnt he get more speed with that set up or would i run hotter?
    If you use a 21t spur it would be slower. Not faster. I found the motor ran hot but I never checked the temp. But I wouldn't worry about it because that Motor could take some abuse.

  3. #43
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    i got the soft case ********s, just to see how it ran with being my first lipos and very cheap, now i have the hardcase ********* still cheap but i do want to try the hardcase ********s maybe by winter.
    i ordered the ********s from ebay and got them to fit a trx connector as i didn't have any, wish i didn't they used copy connectors which are terrible but its experience for me i guess, not to let anyone but myself fit the connectors.

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Well....My 22t pin gear will be in Thursday. As for Lipos........Still looking!

  5. #45
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    you did get an LVC or alarm also, for the batteries.

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    you did get an LVC or alarm also, for the batteries.
    Im getting LVC when I get Lipos. What lipos are you running Trax? Just got a call from LHS and there going to give me 2 LVC's for free and should be here next week. Wish they would give up some lipos!!! LOL!

    Cant do much more until more parts come in. I did get the RMP uppers, lowers, shock towers, and both bumpers on!

    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-06-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: merge

  7. #47
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    looking good now,I'm running the ***** lipo's the ********s are just kept in box.I could do with some new body posts on mine, they haven't snapped but are bent back a bit after a small accident lol i switched it on whilst on a table flew off and landed on posts with no body on.

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    looking good now,I'm running the ***** lipo's the ********s are just kept in box.I could do with some new body posts on mine, they haven't snapped but are bent back a bit after a small accident lol i switched it on whilst on a table flew off and landed on posts with no body on.
    Didn't your mom teach you not to play on the table! LOL!!!!! So....You don't like the ********s? What is the run time on your ***** and which one do you think is better? I've been looking at both of them. I think there like 2c 5000mah 25c? Im not at the puter now. Fat fingers on little cell phone! LOL!!!!!!

  9. #49
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    i liked the ****'s just wanted hard case lipo's and about 3 days after i bought the *****'s, the hard case ****'s came out
    If i had choice again i'd go ******** hardcase.

  10. #50
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    i liked the ****'s just wanted hard case lipo's and about 3 days after i bought the *****'s, the hard case ****'s came out
    If i had choice again i'd go ******** hardcase.
    The only thing about hard case is if you have a swollen cell you can't tell. That if I understood Army right!

  11. #51
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    yep thats true but i think i still prefer the hardcase. It's only plastic after all and if it swells you know its a gonna.Soft case i think swells to easily from what ive seen

  12. #52
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,788
    A hardcase isn't designed to stop the swelling ya know- if the lipo puffs then it's game over- bare in mind puffing is usually caused by excessive current draw rather than physical damage; having a hardcase means you don't know about it until the case is bulging very badly or or truck turns into a fireball. There is also the issue of connectors or connections braking loose inside the case ( the lipos which have female bullets built-in are prone to this ), and the extra width/ height that the case adds- a tight fitting lipo will not fit at all with the case..

    Shame that ROAR have such arbitrary rules really- secure the lipos in the chassis properly and don't drive over a bed of nails & you wont have issues with soft cases getting damaged & swelling 99% of the time...
    Last edited by ArmyofDarkness; 08-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

  13. #53
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    A hardcase isn't designed to stop the swelling ya know- if the lipo puffs then it's game over- bare in mind puffing is usually caused by excessive current draw rather than physical damage; having a hardcase means you don't know about it until the case is bulging very badly or or truck turns into a fireball. There is also the issue of connectors or connections braking loose inside the case ( the lipos which have female bullets built-in are prone to this ), and the extra width/ height that the case adds- a tight fitting lipo will not fit at all with the case..

    Shame that ROAR have such arbitrary rules really- secure the lipos in the chassis properly and don't drive over a bed of nails & you wont have issues with soft cases getting damaged & swelling 99% of the time...
    Yeah......I don't need no fireball! Lol!!! Im going with soft packs. Like you say........Your be able to yell a little more about your packs.

  14. #54
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,788
    Bleh; I should just say for the record this is just my personal opinion based on my own & other people's experiences ofcourse- I've seen hardcase lipos with all the issues I mentioned before, and I've seen softcases that were damaged by some sharp metal sticking out of the ground that would have been saved by a hard case- YMMV as they say...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

  15. #55
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    Bleh; I should just say for the record this is just my personal opinion based on my own & other people's experiences ofcourse- I've seen hardcase lipos with all the issues I mentioned before, and I've seen softcases that were damaged by some sharp metal sticking out of the ground that would have been saved by a hard case- YMMV as they say...
    Im going to get 2 sets! Might just get a set of each!!!!!!!!! LOL! Its good yo have a backup.

    Well......Im back home now! Thanks to Hurricane Irene I had to go out and help out the Guard and Rescue teams on the N.C. and Va. coast. Well I didnt have too but Im from Va Beach and know a lot of people from there. Now that im back at Ft. Bragg I still havent got no packages yet!!! I walk into my office and the same package I had sent out was back on my desk. Now I know if you send someone a package you best not use Uhaul box's. If you do you better do away with the barcode on the box. Im sorry about that FVJ!!! I should be getting my LVC's from my LHS this week. Tires and Lipos should be here also sometime this week. Then......Ill be able to but power on this MONSTER!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-06-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: merge

  16. #56
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom of England land.
    Posts
    1,805
    cool. I was wondering what had happened.

  17. #57
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    cool. I was wondering what had happened.
    Now....Im thinking about doing some more shocks! Truck sets loooowww!! LOL!!!

  18. #58
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    OFNA and UE are 2 places to look.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  19. #59
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Thanks Power!!!

  20. #60
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    A general rule of thumb is 1/8 scale rear buggy or truggy shocks with stiffer springs. ~4" long and 13mm or less in diamater (bigger will rub on A-Arms and drive shafts)

    Usually you need an aftermarket shock tower. I know the UE one works, and maybe the FLM or RPM shock towers?????
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  21. #61
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    A general rule of thumb is 1/8 scale rear buggy or truggy shocks with stiffer springs. ~4" long and 13mm or less in diamater (bigger will rub on A-Arms and drive shafts)

    Usually you need an aftermarket shock tower. I know the UE one works, and maybe the FLM or RPM shock towers?????
    Well....I got RPM shock towers! I was loking at some Piggybacks but from what i hear there no good! So....Back to the drawing board i go!

    Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.

  22. #62
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    I'm not sure if the RPMs are ok, check them against the stock ones to see if they are taller. The only one I know works for sure is the UE one. And if you dont want to get a different tower, straps can be installed to keep the shocks form over-extending the suspention.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  23. #63
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    I'm not sure if the RPMs are ok, check them against the stock ones to see if they are taller. The only one I know works for sure is the UE one. And if you dont want to get a different tower, straps can be installed to keep the shocks form over-extending the suspention.
    See....Roadblock after roadblock!!! I wouldnt mind doing straps But if one of the straps brakes then who knows what will brake!

  24. #64
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    True, you can (i think) install spacers on the shock shaft if you really want to. Nylon washers at home depot should work.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  25. #65
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    The Big Bore shocks came on the BL system right? Whats the upgrade for there springs? They've got to be better than the stock springs!!!

  26. #66
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    I dont know if they do or not. I dont think they do. And I think big bores have the same springs, a check of part # can clarify that. Integry accually makes shock springs (one of the few good things they make). There are lots of companys that make springs. I dont know if UE makes springs to fit the traxxas shocks. Look at your local hardware store, they usually have springs and might have the right size.

    Big bores accually hold less shock oil than the stock shocks, i belive.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  27. #67
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    I dont know if they do or not. I dont think they do. And I think big bores have the same springs, a check of part # can clarify that. Integry accually makes shock springs (one of the few good things they make). There are lots of companys that make springs. I dont know if UE makes springs to fit the traxxas shocks. Look at your local hardware store, they usually have springs and might have the right size.

    Big bores accually hold less shock oil than the stock shocks, i belive.
    Well....I think i might play around with Integy 40 Piece Progressive Spring Set Maxx C22297PRO and see what I can come up with for now. The UE shocks are nice but dont think the wife will let $200 pass for UE shocks now that I just got my motor redone for my Mustang. She didnt like that bill but its all said and done now. Spend to win, go or blow, you play you pay!! This car is my baby and my truck is something i can work on and not spend over $8k in motor and turbo set-up.

  28. #68
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,788
    $200 for UE shocks? Pah- you can buys pairs of various OFNA shocks for $20-30 on ebay, same thing as UE shocks just different lengths ( hence needing FLM shock towers or internal limiting to reduce the extended length- bit of fuel tube on the shaft under the piston head ). You only need a 4 shock setup unless you are planning on launching the truck from a massive ramp, even then an 8 shock setup will be a fare way off hitting $200..

    Play with the stockers & the springsets/ oil, see how that works for you first...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

  29. #69
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    I improved my suspention alot when I swiched to 1-hole pistons and 35wt oil.

    The only other thing would be springs, I think Integry makes good aftermarket springs.

    Traxxas makes a 2.5 rate, 2.9 rate, and progressive rate springs. Not sure how much better or worse they are than stock.

    http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?cPath=10_2640_4822

    And check at your local hardware store(s). YOu might be supprised.

    Look into pre-load spacers to.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  30. #70
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    $200 for UE shocks? Pah- you can buys pairs of various OFNA shocks for $20-30 on ebay, same thing as UE shocks just different lengths ( hence needing FLM shock towers or internal limiting to reduce the extended length- bit of fuel tube on the shaft under the piston head ). You only need a 4 shock setup unless you are planning on launching the truck from a massive ramp, even then an 8 shock setup will be a fare way off hitting $200..

    Play with the stockers & the springsets/ oil, see how that works for you first...
    Yeah....The UE Supermaxx are like $180-$200 used for 8 and $100 for 4 used!!!!! As for my truck and ramps NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    I improved my suspention alot when I swiched to 1-hole pistons and 35wt oil.

    The only other thing would be springs, I think Integry makes good aftermarket springs.

    Traxxas makes a 2.5 rate, 2.9 rate, and progressive rate springs. Not sure how much better or worse they are than stock.

    http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?cPath=10_2640_4822

    And check at your local hardware store(s). YOu might be supprised.

    Look into pre-load spacers to.
    The BL system has the progressive rate springs on the trucks out the box. As for the pre-load i got some with the truck and there still in the box So.....What springs are you running? (1-hole pistons) 1/8 scale rear buggy?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-01-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: merge

  31. #71
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    Im running the stock springs with about 1/4 inch of preload spacers. The 2.9 rate springs might be a good idea. Are slash shocks the same length as Maxx shocks?
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  32. #72
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Im running the stock springs with about 1/4 inch of preload spacers. The 2.9 rate springs might be a good idea. Are slash shocks the same length as Maxx shocks?
    Good question about Slash shocks but I dont think they are! AAAARRRMYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

  33. #73
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    LOL I know that Maxx shocks are XX-long, but slash shocks have the option. The reason I ask is because I saw some integry shash springs and I wanted to know if they would fit the Maxx.

    Any other people make good springs for the MAxx????
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  34. #74
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,788
    VG Racing on ebay have some 8.5lb springs ( search 'emaxx springs' ), RCBoys sell some nice dual rate springs ( 7lb/3lb ), RCRaven have similar ones; seems as though slash (rear ) springs are the same as the maxx ones, which opens up some interesting options as Proline sell some aftermarket slash shocks for the front and rear- check ebay for 'proline slash shocks' ...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

  35. #75
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    VG Racing on ebay have some 8.5lb springs ( search 'emaxx springs' ), RCBoys sell some nice dual rate springs ( 7lb/3lb ), RCRaven have similar ones; seems as though slash (rear ) springs are the same as the maxx ones, which opens up some interesting options as Proline sell some aftermarket slash shocks for the front and rear- check ebay for 'proline slash shocks' ...
    Proline slash shocks.......Theres a lot on there!!!! Ill still have to run 8 right or can I do 4? Thanks Army!!! Thats so good looking out for!

  36. #76
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,944
    The Slash uses Long shocks up front and XX-Long shocks out back...the rear shocks will definitely work on this truck. I'd still run eight shocks.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  37. #77
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    The Slash uses Long shocks up front and XX-Long shocks out back...the rear shocks will definitely work on this truck. I'd still run eight shocks.
    Now we all know! Thanks Cooler!!!!!

  38. #78
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,069
    I love having a truck with only one type of shock. It makes life so much easier.

    What about the Traxxas 2.9 rate shocks? ARe they a good upgrade or are they stock?
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

  39. #79
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ft Bragg N.C.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    I love having a truck with only one type of shock. It makes life so much easier.

    What about the Traxxas 2.9 rate shocks? ARe they a good upgrade or are they stock?
    From what ive been able to come up with the progressive rate springs is what comes on the BL system with the stock shock. I could be wrong!!! As for the 2.9 I dont know!! (Ninja) Hasnt said toooo much about the 2.9.

    Look what I got in today! My 22t and LVC's are at my LHS!!!! But dont know when ill be able to pick them up do too so much going on this wkend.



    Oh Well....I had a Pic of my Lipos I got on here but I must not be able to have them on here. Maybe the next ones I get will be Traxxas but would like more feedback on them b4 I get some. Rc raven dual rate springs on the way also!!!!

    B4 I get another Infraction I didnt repost the Pic of my Lipos!!! When I did a reply with quote the pic come back up and I didnt know.

    I got some more tires today to play around on and see how they work in the yard. I dont like the stock truck tires. Traxxas 3.3 T-Maxx Talon Tires $20 E to the Bay. If I like them Ill get more!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-06-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: merge

  40. #80
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    U.S.A Missouri
    Posts
    356
    I see alot of talk about the dewalt motor, I have a couple of Hitachi 14.v volt motors, they look like a over sized 12t traxxass has anyone done any work with other brands of power tool motors? lol how did they come up with the dewalt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •