RC Enthusiast

Unhappy Vxl 3s esc button STUCK HELP

my esc button is stuck !!!!i called traxxas and they told me to pay 55$ again ....its only been like a month or two .....(they replaced cause it was smoking.piad 55$) dont have the money rite now ...im just stressed out that there gunna make me pay again but does any one know how to make it unstuck ....i already tried needle nose pliers and some wd40 just please help ....Do i call traxxas again ?what do i do?
    THE BEST=FAITH IS A RISK

RC Qualifier
    Mine is sticking too. When I turn it on it stays down and keeps going through the programming mode. Its been taking me a couple of minutes of messing with the button to get it where I can drive. I'm hoping the thing burns up on me so I can have an excuse to buy a Mamba Max!
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Enthusiast
    i just want traxxas to fix it because a its a little button
    THE BEST=FAITH IS A RISK

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Happened to me a few times, open the ESC, remove the button and sand it a little and problem solved...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Happened to me a few times, open the ESC, remove the button and sand it a little and problem solved...

I'll try that.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Champion
    This seems to be a problem only with the new vxl3s esc right?
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Enthusiast
    yaup it gets stuck alot
    THE BEST=FAITH IS A RISK

RC Champion
    Thanks... Just wondering because my first generation (not water-proof) vxl works great!
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm having the same problem with my ESC button sticking too. Pain in the butt for sure!

RC Enthusiast
    So today my ESC pretty much crapped out on me. The button was sticking very badly and I managed to put a drop of WD40 in it tonight and got it moving again. The problem now is that I can't calibrate my ESC and transmitter. I can get the ESC to the point where it goes from green to red then flashes but I can't pull the throttle before the ESC switches back to green!? Is it time to try and call Traxxas for a replacement?

RC Enthusiast
    yes call traxxas do you have the warranity on it ......i had to pay the first time but,i send it in about 2 days ago ...so now i wiat and see what happens they either fix it or replace it im hoping REPLACE!
    THE BEST=FAITH IS A RISK

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hurley747 View Post
    This seems to be a problem only with the new vxl3s esc right?
    x2, got a new system and bout 4 runs into it button started sticking.. no problems with my older unit.

RC poster
    I got my vxl 3s esc ~9 months ago and have only ran it a few times and in relatively clean conditions. No sand and no water and now my button is stuck. Call Traxass and they want me to send it in with $55. This seems to be a common problem and it has not been addressed. I am very disappointed with the way Traxass has taken care of the customer and the product. Love my slash, but now it is time to find a better esc provider. So sad to see a company overlook such a known issue

RC Competitor
    my buttons were sticking also and used wd40 and it would still stick after a few days. I tried using the oil for my shredder and it never came back.
    SLASH 4X4, SLASH 2WD, RUSTLER VXL, TMAXX 2.5R

RC Racer
    I learned that after I replaced the ESC for that reason, I used a shock bladder and tire glue to cover the button on the new ESC and its been over a year and not one time sticking. But WD40 or shock oil can get it working again. Or I was told use a pocket knife to pull it up after you press it in.

RC poster
    How to remove the button? I can not turn on the VXL, nothing happens, no light.

RC Competitor
    Put some light weight shock oil on in,just one drop. Then push the button on and off rapidly to work the oil in. Oh and do all this without a battery connected. Hope this helps !!!

RC Champion
    Is this problem with a certain series/date of manufacture on the esc's having problems?

Maybe I've been lucky, I just have not had any issues with mine, I've had them in use for about 2 years now.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Save your money and buy a $90 castle creations sidewinder sct edition (includes motor and esc)

Quote Originally Posted by svenne View Post
    How to remove the button? I can not turn on the VXL, nothing happens, no light.
    Sticky button syndrome was pretty common on the dirt tracks when we still ran the vxl-3s.
    As a rule we kept a knife ready to pull it up, not saying its the best way but it worked quite well for the most part.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Thanks a lot for helping and good suggestions. It now works! I pushed the button fifty times, again and again. Hard. With a metal between my finger and the button, so I could push harder. Thanks. Hope you understand my "English".