Hybrid View

RC poster

upgrade E revo to brushless

I want to upgrade my brushed revo to a brushless system, I am from india and stuff too expensive. If i were to order stuff from US it would take a long time to get here. lets say 40 days or so. If I pay around 6 grands in that case it would arrive in a week but as u can see 6 k is too much. so here it is what all would be required to upgrade my car to a brushless motor. apart from the motor and esc what else do i need to upgrade eg tires etc etc

RC poster
    oh and i just use it for speed runs, havent started to bash it yet

RC Qualifier
    Brushless motor and esc, lipo batteries if you don't have some. Also you may want to get 17mm hubs and wheels to avoid stripped wheel hexes. AoD will post his links and tutorials soon with all the info you'll ever need.
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo Brushless
    RC8.2e

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Besides motor & esc, you will indeed need some lipo batteries, a lipo charger ( with built-in balancer ideally ), some different wheels & tyres to suit the surface you drive on perhaps, and a selection of different sized pinion gears to suit the motor.

That said, it really depends which esc and motor you choose, as that will effect the batteries and gearing ( pinions & spur gears ) you should choose also.

Importing stuff does take a while but it's something many of us have to put up with- even if we can get parts cheaper from abroad, it takes weeks for them to arrive and them we are hit with import & VAT charges etc etc; all part of the game..

Anyway, here are some links to read through which should help ( or confuse.. ) with your esc and motor choices, along with info about choosing and caring for lipos and chargers. There are many more useful threads in the Useful links section which cover where to buy things and people's personal experiences and recommendations for different parts and upgrades etc etc:

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

The Brushless system upgrade section in this link is also very handy, all the options for the emaxx will work perfectly with the erevo too:

EMAXX 3906 UPGRADE GUIDE

This should help too, since many tyres don't live very long at high speeds:
    Tyre & wheel options

If you have any questions or want opinions on any specific escs, motors and batteries etc, just ask
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    I know about the tires and the pinion and the spur gear just dont know which ones to get the more i search the more I am confused.
    lipos i would be running 2 2s lipo 8000mah if possible.
    I will also be buying the mamba max pro esc and run it with the stock battery and dual motor. later I will get the motor and tire. I have checked and my rear left and front right tire wobbles so im going to get that fixed. Later i will be upgrading the tires and rims

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know about the tires and the pinion and the spur gear just dont know which ones to get the more i search the more I am confused.
    The exact size ( tooth count ) of pinion and spur you use depends on what batteries, motor(s) and voltage/ cell count you go with. If you are starting with just the stock brushed motors then stay with the stock pinions ( 17 or 19t, depending on how old the truck is ) as the 550 21turn titans don't last too long if geared up by much. Stock spur gear is 68t which is fine.

All the gears will be 32pitch or MOD 0.8, same thing just imperial vs metric measurements.

The MMPro is a good esc, though it isn't the first choice I would go for if you really intend to do speed runs; you can only use it with a maximum of 4s lipo if you run it in a monster truck, and 4s lipo will not get you the really high speeds you might want regardless ( top speed of about 40-45mph if you're lucky, with the correct size & kv motor ).

If you truly want to build a high-speed truck then the MMM ( MambaMonster ) is the most suitable esc, or the cheaper-but-similar HobbyWing XeRun 150amp esc. Either of those will work well on upto 6s lipo, and a suitable motor would be something like 36-42mm x 74-80mm long, ~1800-2200kv.

I wouldn't really bother buying a new esc ust to run the same stock titan motors, you wont go any faster, save your money until you can afford to buy a whole BL system in one go. At that point you can worry about what gearing to run depending on the exact motor and esc you get ( 18-24/68 as a general rule will get you between 30-40mph on 4s lipo with a BL setup, but there are alot of variables like I said.. )
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Thanks for the info