Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    I haven't had any problems with the Integy case yet and the t bone rear bumper/wheelie bar is great since it doesn't require hooping up to the case. The FLM & REM ones are great as well and offer options the Integy one doesn't have but I personally didn't need theboptions they offered but thats all personal preference.

RC Champion
    I found this one on ebay. Looks interesting. The gear box portion is composite, but the arm mounts and motor plate are aluminum. Also has motor heat sinks. I may try it out on my daughter's Rustler.

Jeremy

RC Competitor
    If your going HR this is the one you want.

RC Racer
    Okay so the Integy HD case allows the stock wheelie bar, but does it require any modding?
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Champion
    The one I got does not allow the stock anything but I heard the slash one does but I haven't seen or used it. I just got the t bone rear and it works great.

RC Racer
    Anyone know what would be my best option to use the stock wheelie bar without modding?
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Champion
    There is no "stock" wheelie bar. The T Bone Racing wheelie bar fits perfectly.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    There is no "stock" wheelie bar. The T Bone Racing wheelie bar fits perfectly.
    By "stock" I am sure he meant the Traxxas wheelie bar.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Just being informative. But, thanks for the correction.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Champion
    The traxxas wheelie bar will fit on a Golden horizon aluminum case. I have one and love it going to get another

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Rusty View Post
    If your going HR this is the one you want.
    I have both of the Hr boxes. The new one with the graphite composite is a much better design, still cools the motor almost as much and is much lighter than the blue one you posted. Both of the HR boxes have their limitations when it comes to the wheelie bar. Both of the motor plates are the same thickness and will bend if hit hard enough. That is unless you use a wheelie bar that mounts under the rear of the chassis. You cant even mount a stock wheelie bar to the blue one as it lacks all of the mount holes.
    Last edited by rag6; 01-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    I was considering these two since it appears the Traxxas brand wheelie bar (stock) would mount right up. Anyone use one of these on their Rustler or know anything about them? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GH-Racing-GH...item58916a1170

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-Alumi...item58919dac27
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I have both of the Hr boxes. The new one with the graphite composite is a much better design, still cools the motor almost as much and is much lighter than the blue one you posted. Both of the HR boxes have their limitations when it comes to the wheelie bar. Both of the motor plates are the same thickness and will bend if hit hard enough. That is unless you use a wheelie bar that mounts under the rear of the chassis. You cant even mount a stock wheelie bar to the blue one as it lacks all of the mount holes.
    Heck Superman will bend if you hit him hard enough!
    Graphite is a heat retention medium not so good at dissapating it. I agree with the weight part of it.
    I never cared for the Traxxas wheelie bar, it looks too clumsy IMO.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    The motor connects to a big aluminum plate with heatsinks, not the graphite. The alum for the hr motor plates are softer and thinner than lets say the flm case. The hr motor plate will bend much much easier than the flm. That aside, I think I found a solution for strengthening up the hr setup with at least a rear bumper. This looks to be the strongest option so far:
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    The point that I was making is with aluminum the whole case works as a heat sink and moves the heat away from the motor. The fins add rigidity to the motor plate as apposed to the little spark plugs in the other one. Graphite will conduct heat but it's not good at dissipating it. The T-bone wheelie bar I've found provides ampule protection for the tranny case and motor plus it has some flex to it and it's wide.

Its the same with all. Which ever brand, and there are several of each type. Open case, and closed case. To mount a Traxxas wheelie bar, u need a closed case one. which Integy ALSO sells. If u have an open case one, u can inly mount a wheelie bar that attaches underneath. Example. Swami wheelie bar, and Tbone. Which a closed case u can mount the Traxxas.

But.. Intefy case. As reported above, is the ONLY part of theirs worrh getting. Its hard to mess up a solid piece of aluminum. However.. Its still lower quality than the others.

Also, reports of the holes not matching up is TRUE. When I installed mine, I had to do some work, and I would not recommend an unexperienced person doing it because itd be real easy to mess it up and mess up ur rear alignment. And this is coming fro
    Someone who owns one.. And really, its technically 40 bucks, so only twenty less than other higher quality cases.

If anyone owns one , u gotta use ur own hardware. Their screws that come with it are to short and low quality.

Venom, and HR have nice open case trannys. But I recommend FLM, and GH. (closest to stock) REM ones are great, but their Anodizing isnt so good, and I believe one of their bottom holes dont match up.

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I found this one on ebay. Looks interesting. The gear box portion is composite, but the arm mounts and motor plate are aluminum. Also has motor heat sinks. I may try it out on my daughter's Rustler.

This is a GOOD case. Ur pretty safe with any HR one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_rocks View Post
    Okay so the Integy HD case allows the stock wheelie bar, but does it require any modding?
    HD is the heavy duty one. It has nothing to do with the wheelie bar. What does.. Is the OPEN or CLOSED case.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    The one I got does not allow the stock anything but I heard the slash one does but I haven't seen or used it. I just got the t bone rear and it works great.
    See above. They are listed for Slash under OPEN and CLOSED case. They dont sell many closed cases anymore. Doesnt have to do with what vehicle. However the HDs are only kisted under Slash.

Quote Originally Posted by rraattrroodd View Post
    The traxxas wheelie bar will fit on a Golden horizon aluminum case. I have one and love it going to get another
    Best way to go for u because itl be most simple, and is loved by everyone who ive heard owns it.yet I believe this has been hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Rusty View Post
    Heck Superman will bend if you hit him hard enough!
    Graphite is a heat retention medium not so good at dissapating it. I agree with the weight part of it.
    I never cared for the Traxxas wheelie bar, it looks too clumsy IMO.
    The yraxxas wheelie bar, or Stock if u get a Pede VXL. Is good because its adjustable. Its weakness is its mount to the rear. Perfect solution for thos, is an RPM wheelie bar/bumper mount and the Traxxas wheelie bar. The adjustabikity is way nice, and stil my prefered set-up. Even though it needs a zip-tie to hekp it stayed clamped. But the two pieces (not including the mount) are sold seperatly.

Great set up with this combo.

Your BEST bet will be GH tranny. Than ul have a strong closed case, and mount any wheelie bar u choose. Also, Like Rag and I aid. That HR one is a good case, and way cheap. But.. Stil limiting.

Courtesy of Senior baldy Daniels.. Pics of pretty much all cases. They discontinued top one.

here is a pic of some cases

New Era Models

FLM

Hot Racing

Venom

Integy

As for your Swami question, you would want to go with the laid back bend which will still allow for awesome wheelies, but will rely solely on the power of the motor to keep the front wheels pointed skyward. When the truck is lowered down for speed runs, the laid back bend will bring the wheelie bar wheels nice and low to keep the skyward wheelies at a minimum. Also, when doing a speed run, the last thing youll want is for the edge of the wheelie bar skid to catch on the driving surface, so id consider the full brace edition swami which takes the place of the rear skid plate.

Heres a pic of my HR Pede in street mode with the full brace edition swami bar with the laid back bend using traxxas aluminum wheelie bar wheels.

Scratch that on what I said about REM. The bottom mounts just fine, since I read the complaint about GH above, il say REM is the way to go. . Their quality is also superior. With my Integy case I had to clean up their metal shavings from thei finish work. Also like Pavementsurfer said, they have a great warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Golden Horizons

REM

Bottom

Integy Closed motor

RC Competitor
    Love the Challenger (maybe Charger?) body!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the pictures and advice Abosoloot1, the info was very helpful.
    Rustler VXL
    T-Maxx 3.3
    1/16 Summit VXL

RC Champion
    Very nice comparison pics!
    Jeremy

Not a Problem guys. That body is on Baldydaniels Stampede.

RC Competitor
    I want one! Where can I find it?

RC Enthusiast
    anyone got the rpm gearbox?
    i almost bought the Golden Horizon one and i saw a bunch of reviews saying there was drag and bearings are not flush
    I have a ton of RPM parts in my cart and i don't know if i should get the gearbox too... Anyone know if it helps with cooling?
    Anyone have a good experience with an aluminum gearbox?
    Would appreciate your suggestions/experience
    Thanks in advance

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by v3lin3on View Post
    what kind of modification is required to the rustler chassis to accommodate the flm case?
    heres where i had to trim to fit my flm case, it was pretty fun to do btw!

RC Enthusiast
    i live in south where there is lots of sun and surf along with good lookin women
    just get the integy one . everything will fit