Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5

    Exclamation New member requiring some help in the UK

    Hey guys

    I bought a 1/16 e revo vxl 2nd hand with 2 x lipo 3s and a few spare parts.

    Ran the thing around 4 hours in total between charges and now it will not work.

    Batteries are charged. I get a two audible beeps when the power is switched on and the green led flashed twice....nothing else at that stage.

    On switching on the remote control, I get red and then green flash 3 times...then no lights. The fan is spinning though. Or the red and green just flash alternatively all the time.

    On pulling trigger it occasionally make a small judder but nothing else...

    What I need to know is what has broken/needs replacing and what component should I get to replace?

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by Harry 916; 12-11-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typo

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,343
    On the esc? Check the servo.

    lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler vxl

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    31
    Almost sounds like it needs to be rebound. They do occasionally loose bind. Meaning the esc isn't seeing the radio. You tube it there is a kid that gives a good demo how to bind it. I'd try that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks I'll try the bind first.

    I know I overcharged 1 lipo as it grew in size physically and made a horrible smell....so down to only 1 lipo.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    580
    Hary916, be extremely careful with lipos. They become dangerous once they are over charged and discharged. I hope you are using a lipo charger, if not then I highly recommend the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus (2933).
    PM for info.....

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    397
    Well glade to see you want a new house and maybe a new family! Or go to heaven fast!

    Lipo baterys are not selled in RTR system's because of the danger's involved when people don't know what they can do....
    There are various burned up houses because of the lipos....it's all over the web cases of the earlier days of li-po baterys...

    But don't be affraid, if you are using a lipo charger and know what they can do! A lipo charger cut's off when a batery is charged... but use comoonn sense and charger either on a lipo bag or on concrete floor with nothing in beteween that could burn fast!

    Just don't use that li-po anymore and dumped it on the next batery dumpster point! Never try to use it or hide it inside home.... she's a time bomb!

    An advice from a rc friend...
    Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry 916 View Post
    Thanks I'll try the bind first.

    I know I overcharged 1 lipo as it grew in size physically and made a horrible smell....so down to only 1 lipo.

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Hary916, be extremely careful with lipos. They become dangerous once they are over charged and discharged. I hope you are using a lipo charger, if not then I highly recommend the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus (2933).
    Yeah I sort of heard... I charged in a lipo bag...which saved the house...lol

    Charger is an RT brand....means not a lot to me...as new

    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    Well glade to see you want a new house and maybe a new family! Or go to heaven fast!

    Lipo baterys are not selled in RTR system's because of the danger's involved when people don't know what they can do....
    There are various burned up houses because of the lipos....it's all over the web cases of the earlier days of li-po baterys...

    But don't be affraid, if you are using a lipo charger and know what they can do! A lipo charger cut's off when a batery is charged... but use comoonn sense and charger either on a lipo bag or on concrete floor with nothing in beteween that could burn fast!

    Just don't use that li-po anymore and dumped it on the next batery dumpster point! Never try to use it or hide it inside home.... she's a time bomb!

    An advice from a rc friend...
    Peace!
    If I can get the thing to work I'll buy the right battery set....any advice appreciated

    Having looked at the various videos and stuff, my internals are different.... So assume modded already...

    How do I upload a photo?

    Thanks
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-12-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: merge

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    228
    Also have an eye on the temps. At 3s the Esc isnt designed to Run it 24/7.



    Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Do you think it could just be a faulty battery?

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry 916 View Post
    Do you think it could just be a faulty battery?
    If i were you i triy with any rc lipo batery i got at home with 7.4v or from a friend to try it out....

    Second hand baterys is the worst thing to buy... sorry but it's the truth! Baterys are a disposal and wearable item... that after +100packs they will start to loose it's power....

    If i had another rc or a multimeter i will check that batery is doing 7.4v when charged or more.. after charged she must be around 8.4v.

    Are you using a lipo charger or a nimh charger to charge a lipo?

    This hobby isn't cheap... get yourself a good charger... not need to be high end, but normal hobby grade charger... it will last you a life-time and several rc's after that! They will charge everybatery in the world (well 99%) from nihm,life,lifo,lion,nicd, pb "yeah your1:1 car batery"... whatever)


    It could be a dead servo to... they tend to do weird stuff when using the stock esc when busted... remove servo from rx and try the ESC and motor!


    -To upload photos go to a website that host pictures, make an account (free) and start dumping photos to that website, then grab the link from that website and put it on the threads... pics will start to apeear! I use "photobucket"... there are others....


    -This is my charger... it is not a high end model, nor a cheap china one... just china normal one... the power source inside will die after 2 years of use but then you can use another quality one inside or use an external... i have this for 4 years and i charge daily stuff! You can get a good brand one like orion,hitec, whatever....
    I only charge baterys on the concrete floor, never on a table.. but that's me.
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 12-13-2013 at 06:19 AM.

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    If i were you i triy with any rc lipo batery i got at home with 7.4v or from a friend to try it out....

    Second hand baterys is the worst thing to buy... sorry but it's the truth! Baterys are a disposal and wearable item... that after +100packs they will start to loose it's power....

    If i had another rc or a multimeter i will check that batery is doing 7.4v when charged or more.. after charged she must be around 8.4v.

    Are you using a lipo charger or a nimh charger to charge a lipo?

    This hobby isn't cheap... get yourself a good charger... not need to be high end, but normal hobby grade charger... it will last you a life-time and several rc's after that! They will charge everybatery in the world (well 99%) from nihm,life,lifo,lion,nicd, pb "yeah your1:1 car batery"... whatever)


    It could be a dead servo to... they tend to do weird stuff when using the stock esc when busted... remove servo from rx and try the ESC and motor!


    -To upload photos go to a website that host pictures, make an account (free) and start dumping photos to that website, then grab the link from that website and put it on the threads... pics will start to apeear! I use "photobucket"... there are others....


    -This is my charger... it is not a high end model, nor a cheap china one... just china normal one... the power source inside will die after 2 years of use but then you can use another quality one inside or use an external... i have this for 4 years and i charge daily stuff! You can get a good brand one like orion,hitec, whatever....
    I only charge baterys on the concrete floor, never on a table.. but that's me.
    Awesome answer and thanks for your help...just struggling with time, so took the plunge yesterday and took it down to the local RC store...it may take a a while...I'll let you all know what the problem is/was!

    Thanks all for your timed input....I understand more now than when I started, so looking forward to modding slightly when it's working.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •