Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SumRevo

RC Qualifier
    That's because it's for automotive use I think
    Last edited by mydudrevo; 03-18-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

I borrowed them from work.. You will need to find a company that sell O'rings, bearings, belts, etc etc... like maybe
    http://mcos.com/index.php
    or
    http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex
    or
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#
    or
    Grainger
    Last edited by 87 GN; 03-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    How did you color the tie bars? Nvm just say them make red ones.
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 03-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Thanks...
    So short update, couple days ago, went for a short street run. Everything is working well, the steering in crazy fast & strong. I had to us a little steering Expo to slow it down.

Only thing I have is the spur gear rubbing on the gear cover. So I took apart the slipper & did a double check of the slipper & gears. Everything is correct, spur is facing out, not sure what is going on. Did a little dremel work inside the cover where the spur is rubbing. Just have to run it for awhile till I figure it out. Might just be a matter of breaking in the slipper pads..
    it can't be rubbing by much, maybe a mm
    I have this problem too on a brand new ERBE. I have just sanded the gear cover down.

RC Qualifier
    Any Napa store should carry those o-rings. I know local naps store stells them....

few more pic

steering is in with the Max steering stop, I have to power up the steering servos before mounting the servo horns..{so the servos can center up}

rear skid plate

center skid, needs to be installed before the front skids

front skid & steering skid, stock servo saver & spring

Notice the A Arm hinge pins that the front skid mount on, it can be kind of hard to get the front skid off because of the A Arms hinge pins

another pic of front skid, when taking off the front skid, take the two screws out & pull it off, from the back of the skid first...

and a pic as the truck as of right now...........

Last edited by 87 GN; 03-21-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: oooops

RC Champion
    Man I love your builds. The color schemes are awesome. I really want a colored motor mount and that blue plate behind it (not sure what its called). Anyways keep up the good work.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    So how well have those aluminium shock caps with o-rings worked for you? Any leakage?

Thanks...........caps IDK yet, have not been ran, but no leaks so far........I will report back later, but I think they are good to go, if they were going to leak, they would already be leaking............

Drive Shafts

I was going to cut down some Summit {short} CVD drive shaft. But once I looked at how much had to come off, ordered up some Slayer drive shafts. They fit just like a reg set of drive shafts..

One thing I have never mentioned is to line up the divot holes on the end of the drive shafts....
    Other wise the drive shafts will bind, & not have free motion....

Summit drive shafts long & short, & Slayer shafts

===installed

===

RC Qualifier
    Nice work 87. Loving the pink there mate. Good call.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Just FYI, I'm getting rid of my alu caps and installing plastic stockers. I've had enough of that aluminum wank.

Power Supply

Bought the combo pack MM2 & 2200kv motor. The motor wires are a little long for my taste. They are 7.750" long right now, so I am going to cut them down to 5.000". Solder the ends back on, & shrink wrap. Then solder the battery connectors on the ESC in series.....

more info & pics.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5400879

MAMBA MONSTER 2:

QUICK START GUIDE IMPORTANT: You must calibrate your radio to the ESC! 1. Install the ESC • Solder a high quality battery connector to the ESC. Mount the ESC and motor into the vehicle • Plug in the 3 motor wires to the ESC • Plug in the ESC Rx lead to CH2 on your receiver • Make sure the ESC’s switch is off 2. Calibrate the radio transmitter • Plug in a battery • Holding full throttle on your transmitter, turn the switch ON • After a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and the red LED will come on • Now hold full brake and after a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and the yellow LED will come on • Now relax to neutral and after a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and ALL the LEDs will light up. • A few seconds later the ESC will arm with a double tone and you’re ready to go!

CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR MAMBA MONSTER 2: Limits:
    Mamba Monster 2 is incredibly powerful, but know his limits. 6S (25.2 volts) is the max input voltage!
    BEC: Monster 2 has an adjustable BEC with a default output value of 5.5V.
    Connectors: Mamba Monster 2 needs lots of power. Please use connectors such as large bullets (6.5mm), Deans®, or Traxxas® TRX® connectors to connect Monster 2 to your batteries.
    Batteries: Mamba Monster 2 needs lots of power. You must only use batteries that are capable of delivering bursts of more than 125 amps and which can sustain continuous outputs of 100 amps. Anything less will only lead to a frustrating ride with the Monster.
    Expect to upgrade your vehicle’s drive system. You can always wait until Monster 2 shreds the parts, but then you’ll be stuck at the track with no ride. That’s no fun.
    Monster 2 powered systems are capable of producing incredibly high power. That means the vehicles can go stupidly fast. Please never point a Monster 2 powered vehicle at anyone, always stay clear of the tires, and keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times!

CASTLE LINK
    Your Monster 2 is ready to run right out of the box. However, you may find that you’d like to change a few settings, such as the low voltage cutoff or perhaps you’d like to adjust the throttle or braking curves. You can do all of these things with the Castle Link USB Adapter (a coupon is included in your packaging) and your Windows PC (not included).
    Please visit www.castlecreations.com/downloads to download the latest version of the Castle Link software.

DO THE MATH!
    Not all LiPos are created equal, and surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack’s suitability for a brushless application. Use the CONTINUOUS C rating only.
    We suggest that you choose a pack that can deliver more amperage than the drive system draws. More “headroom” between the C rating and the actual amp draw offers better reliability. We recommend that you have at least a 20% reserve margin for best results. Using insufficient battery packs WILL shorten the life of this controller.
    Here’s an example: 5,000 mAh pack = 5Ah 5 x 25C = 125 amps 125 x 80% = 100 amps max continuous rating necessary!
    Look at it another way.
    Mamba Monster setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks. We strongly suggest using 5,000 mAh or larger LiPo cells with a discharge rating of at least 30C (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cells®). Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.

MAMBA MONSTER 2 ERROR CODES

GREEN/YELLOW FLASHING ESC input voltage is below the operating limit (drained battery)

RED/YELLOW/GREEN FLASHING Sudden and extreme rise in temperature (possibly over-geared)

RED/YELLOW FLASHING ESC temperature above the operating limit (possibly over-geared)

RED/GREEN FLASHING BEC temperature above the operating limit (possibly damaged servo)

RED/YELLOW/GREEN FLASHING AND BEEPING ESC is not detecting a valid signal from the receiver

MM2 combo........P/N:010-0108-01

===

===

=== one more pic, I have the Slayer bumpers installed, straight forward just install them.....

Finished up the soldering, used a butane torch to solder the motor wires off & back on. Needed the extra heat to get a good solder joint. Then some new shrink wrap.

===I like to dremel a little off the flat of the motor shaft, gives the pinion set screw a better bite into the shaft

===Soldered on the Traxxas battery connectors, Wired up the ESC in series.

===another angle

===MM2 is a bit shorter than the MMM, going to cut a piece of aluminum to take up the gap.
    0.125" thick L)2.000" W)1.750" still going to use double sided tape for mounting.

=== Did the Motor Mount Mod post 282
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5388328

===nut side

===I haven't plugged in the motor wires because I need to cut & install the alum plate under the ESC.

Last edited by 87 GN; 04-07-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Turning Radius

Going to try to get a shorter turning radius, going to try this little mod. I'm not going to post any pic's, they are all in these links.

All How To....
    http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto

mod links... tab on smaller pics...
    http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...t-Guide-Part-2
    &
    http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...g-Guide-Part-4
    Last edited by 87 GN; 04-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm so jealous. I'm waiting for my mm2 to come off backorder right now. I'll have to check back on that guide though when it comes.
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    This build just keeps getting better!

Thanks for the inspiration.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    You will not be disappointed they work top notch! Highly recommended no slop cure for sure. I'd also order one of these bad boys while your at it might as well wont raise the shipping charge helps keep the motor tight in place
    Will this work with what motors? Only castle stock motors?

can for example be used on a Tekin T8 or 1515 from NEU?

Thanks.....Your welcome.....

Castle 2200 kv motor is 1.580" so if the other motors are around this dia. it should work. A cheaper option is the motor mount mod for less than a $1.00.

post 282
    Last edited by 87 GN; 04-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What i see is that motor mount is for backwards, and it keeps the back of the can sited firm. I think that a genius idea for this kind of big can motors...

i am thinking of getting a T8 motor for my e-revo... but don't know if it will fit...

Thanks.....Your welcome.....

Castle 2200 kv motor is 1.580" so if the other motors are around this dia. it should work. A cheaper option is the motor mount mod for less than a $1.00.

post 282

RC Qualifier
    T8 will fit

thanks^

So update, I can not find or make up my mind which body & tires to use. Any suggestion??

tires
    Proline crime fighter
    or looking for a tire wheel combo, that looks like a reg off road truck tire,
    not really a race tire??

rims
    ???

bodies
    Pro-Line 3355-00 Flo-Tek
    Associated 89442 SC8
    Traxxas 6811 Clear Lexan Short Course Truck Body: 1/10 Slash 4x4
    Last edited by 87 GN; 04-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I love my caliber VTRs they have great traction and little wearing

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

some pic.......

1/5 scale 5ive, converted to BL..

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

L to R
    URTOAST, Bad to The Bone, Revo, Summit, SumRevo

===

===

===

===

===

===

===

RC Champion
    Man you do some great builds, I really like how you do things that no one else has done. My favorite it the the orange and black.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    L to R
    URTOAST, Bad to The Bone, Revo, Summit, SumRevo

===
    I like the erevo, looks great, are those baja 24mm wheels on the summit?

Thanks...........

Trenchers on 24mm hubs
    post 212
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5300042
    &
    post 142...scroll down for more pic & info.....
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5182770

RC Qualifier
    Question about taping your tyres... How much should the opposite ends of the tape line overlap over each other where they connect? A few millimeters? An inch? Several inches?

I figure too little can cause the tape to break, whereas too little will cause imbalance at high speed.

RC Qualifier
    Most do 1 layers with about 1" or 2" overlap, and if you want to do it perfect you can put the same overlap on the other side as balance. Or 2 layers, with no overlap. If have 2 layers, and _no_ balooning on 6S on my badlands.

I went 3 wraps on each tire, so the over lap was very little....then balanced... I would do at least two wraps & over lap half an inch. or 12.7mm, monkey tape works best..

Taping Tires
    post #30
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4908845
    &
    post #130
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5177829

RC poster

Question New Dust Boot

I had to replace one of my dust boots.

Looks like I need to glue the new one on to the axle to keep it from moving around. What kind of glue should I use?

I have the CVD's on the Summit going to try them on the Revo..
    Long shafts in front & short in the rear..
    Top to bottom..
    Revo CV drive shaft
    Summit CVD shaft long
    Summit CVD shaft short

RC Racer
    Tyre glue is what I use.

Correct CA Tire glue works well.... I just position the boot, lift on side add a drop of glue & release the boot & the glue will almost glue down the entire boot (all the way around).......

RC Champion
    Well it took me three days to read this thread in my spare time lol. Lot's of good info here. I will be getting an eslayer in the next few months with rcm diff cases so I've been reading up on erbe's a lot.

Anyways, have you finished a body for the eslayer?
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Have you got any videos of the losi 5 woth brushless. I was looking at 5th scale and the shop said the 5 has a poor motor and the new 5t is better but it's 2wd tho. I was tempted to buy a roller losi and add brushless but I dont think it would be as fun to have a large rc truck and no motor

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Well sorry to have bored you for three days..haha There are several good build threads floating around.....
    No body for the ESlayer I put it up for sale in the MP for a while, still have it, thinking about parting it out...idk

Sorry no vid but this is my inspiration, he is running 12s, I'm only running 6s but I can go up to 8s. The MGM ESC is 12s capable, but it is about a $600 to $700 ESC.

Replies: 370
    Views: 55,559

SO I have been putting this off for over a year but it is time... I like building trucks, not so much doing maintenance...
    I have been running with a cracked chassis, broken bulk head, & broken A Arm for several months. Went for a run today bent a rear toe link, & twisted a rear center drive shafts. Most all was driver error... Started tearing it down & noticed the alum shock rod end a worn out, going back to plastic shock ends. Going to be a slow rebuild, but should turn out awesome with a few tweaks........

===bulk head, toe link

===cracked chassis

===junk alum rod ends

===A Arm

===stuck hinge pins, prob are bent, have new ones

===while in the tear down opened up the diff to my surprise in perfect condition. Used some Brake Kleen & compressed air, cleaned & greased the bearings. One bearing was shot 10x15x4 lower left in pic, but the carrier was still full, and all the gears looked & felt good.

===twisted center shaft

replies: 370
    Views: 56,394
    Last edited by 87 GN; 08-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.

RC Champion
    very nice trucks sir !!!!

RC poster
    unreal thread! just spent all night on this....
    just bought my very first brushless rc car... looks like a made a good choice with heaps of potential!