Thread: toe in/out

RC Racer

toe in/out

what would be the best toe in/out set for front and rear for doing speed runs? right now i got front straight 0 degrees and the the rear toe is in.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    You have the right setup. I've always had no toe in/out in the front, but depending on the truck I have a 1-3 degree toe in for the rear. If you have a gauge, set it to 2 degrees, that should be the best for you.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

For straight line stability I think both front and rear should have 1-2 degrees toe in
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    what do you use to measure the toe/in or out? i been trying to eye it up but it's not working too good.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel2ooo View Post
    what do you use to measure the toe/in or out? i been trying to eye it up but it's not working too good.
    I bought a RPM Monster Camber Gauge. They give instructions on their website telling you how to use it to set both camber and toe angles. Well worth the $12 cost. Saves you lots of time and guessing.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    i have the camber guage and i never knew you could use it for the toe in/out. i have the monster camber guage. is that alright to use. thanks for the help.

i have the camber guage and i never knew you could use it for the toe in/out. i have the monster camber guage. is that alright to use. thanks for the help.
    Yep that is what RPM recommends. A picture is worth a 1000 words on this one...

BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    i was trying with a 2x4 but if i set each side 1/2 degree to the negative one side looks more toes in than the other. any solutions? thanks

i was trying with a 2x4 but if i set each side 1/2 degree to the negative one side looks more toes in than the other. any solutions? thanks
    Cant imagine how that could be unless the board is not making contact with both tires or you have a lot of slop in the steering system or knuckles. If there is a lot of slop it is really hard to get an accurate reading on the gauge.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    i did notice that when one tire is up against the bored the other one isn't. i tired holding it in place with my knees but it was kind of hard. i got hr knuckles also.