Thread: A little Rant!

RC Champion

A little Rant!

Well got a MERV a while back, had integy center shafts those lasted 5minutes not even and broke them, Ok. So I ordered up GPM steel shafts, not even 40 feet down the road and I am not exaggerating. Broke. So I threw in the stock plastic shafts ripped up and down the road WOT and burned through a whole 3's pack not one issue LOL. I think these will be staying in there since they didn't give me any issues /knock on wood.

I know, people are shrink tubing or gluing whatever they are doing to keep those stupid pins in. Whatever, I spend 20-30 on a upgrade I shouldn't have to mod it some more when I get them, you think they would fix this issue and use some kind of different method or lock those pins into place so they don't pop out and when you buy them just drop them in and go. Nah not the case at all, I will get another set for when I have issues with the stockers and I'll put some shrink wrap around those pins and drop some CA glue in there while I am at it. If that fails well I guess I will be buying 3-4 sets of stockers. Sorry just ranting a little hehehe

/end rant
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Racer
    Enough of stockers, get Traxxas STEEL CVD's
    MERV

RC Champion
    I already have them 7151x, just haven't installed them yet. I am talking about the center drive shafts

RC Qualifier
    personally i think your right about us purchasing a hopup, then having to mod it to make it work. i guess we'll just have to make do with what we have

RC Qualifier
    Integy = junk. The stock shafts are cheap and seam to be fairly strong, a small supply of them would be good to have. If traxxas would make cvd rear center shafts like their axle shafts that would be great. Hint Hint

RC Qualifier
    Weird. My 1/16 Slash is about 2 years old, 1 year old to me. Never had a problem with the shafts, but I still run nimhs
    99%er

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    maybe tap the pin out, give it some threadlock and punch it back in along with a few carefully placed strips of electrical tape or the heatshrink method
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    thats not going to make the steel stronger

RC Qualifier
    OMG! I can not describe the rage and feelings that I've been ripped off over and over. Stephan, when you started this thread I felt your pain! Integy had screwed me on those center driveshafts and the outer cvd's and I thought I'd fixed it by welding in the pin then I saw that the metal was too soft. but I had those gpm's on standby, I just now put them in my freshly built merv, first freaking battery! a pin breaks in the front! locks the truck up, throws it across the yard! now my tranny with new parts sounds crunchy! and the all new front diff I took so much care putting together makes some weird sound, man im so upset, I spent a lot of money and time on this truck. GPM WILL hear from me! One more time, the rules of traxxas and these forums will not let me properly convey the feelings Im having right now!

If its ok, I think this thread should be here for the sole purpose of bashing poorly made aftermarket parts!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrytetsuo View Post
    OMG! I can not describe the rage and feelings that I've been ripped off over and over. Stephan, when you started this thread I felt your pain! Integy had screwed me on those center driveshafts and the outer cvd's and I thought I'd fixed it by welding in the pin then I saw that the metal was too soft. but I had those gpm's on standby, I just now put them in my freshly built merv, first freaking battery! a pin breaks in the front! locks the truck up, throws it across the yard! now my tranny with new parts sounds crunchy! and the all new front diff I took so much care putting together makes some weird sound, man im so upset, I spent a lot of money and time on this truck. GPM WILL hear from me! One more time, the rules of traxxas and these forums will not let me properly convey the feelings Im having right now!

If its ok, I think this thread should be here for the sole purpose of bashing poorly made aftermarket parts!
    Yeah, mine did the same as well, bounced the rear end off the ground and then it was to late by then. I knew something was wrong, I was really looking forward to it and it lasted about 40 feet down the road haha and the integy ones came on the truck when I bought it and that lasted not even 5minutes! I put about 5 3's packs through the MERV today and the stock centers are looking good so far I can live with replacing them every so often, rather than having them last less than a pack.

RC Qualifier
    ive been running stock and NEVER had a problem with pins coming out, or breakage, nothing at all lol
    If it's clean, you're not using it right!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah especially if they don't take out the whole truck when they do let go

RC Competitor
    So all in all...stock driveshafts are better?

RC Qualifier
    So far even with my SV2/4600 BB setup i have had to upgrade to CVD's but the center driveshafts have held up surprisingly well, im still using the set that came with the truck.
    Are the tires supposta to blow off going into 2nd?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrytetsuo View Post

yep! it took out the gears in the tranny!