RC Qualifier

lookin for a good charger and decent tool kit for my slash 4x4

looking for suggestion first a charger/w power supply limit 150 have 2 stock batteries 8.4 3300 gonna do lipo eventually. Also looking for tool kit ne suggestions on that ty all

RC Racer
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4066
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN2833

These are the charger and tool set that I use, the charger will handle up to a 6s lipo and has a balancer on it, the tool set is especially for traxxas and has a ratcheting screwdriver handle, both are definetely worth the cash especially since they're not that much in the long run

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Good tool set and charger for a beginner ^^ good post.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    ok will check them out today after i get off tyvm astraup

RC Racer
    No problemo

RC Qualifier
    had a break ultra might be a better fit since i have nimh batteries already didnt see where the 4066 did those only said it did lipo. im new do i assume that it does do nimh? what is considered a good charging time?

RC Champion
    I have the Dynamite passport ultra it can charge any battery used in the RC world. It is a great charger and for the price you cannot beat it I feel. I also have the tool kit above. One thing that is good is you can buy new hex shaft's for it but have been unable to find the ratcheting handle.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    did a little more reading and will be getting one of them i think just have to see which one. good call the tool kit saw that too ty again in advance.

thanks ied you might have nailed it for me on the charger lol ty all
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-27-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    I have a Duratrax Onyx 230 and I like it I charge my lipo and nimH on it only problem is don't have discharging on it and I just ordered a dynamite hex driver set for sockets just using a socket set.

RC Champion
    +1 on the tool set have it and works great

AS for a charger the Thunder AC6 would be better imo, its cheaper, has a screen, and charges every battery under the sun, only bad thing it only goes up to 5 amps
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    Racers Edge SureCharge 2010 Pro AC/DC Balance Charger ne one have this one? or comment on it?

RC Racer
    The best tool kit is the Losi Race Wrenches. They're near indestructible and cost about $40. It's the only Losi thing I own.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Enthusiast
    I have the Muchmore Racing Hybrid. It has worked very well for me. Can be a little slow for larger mah batteries, took about 75 minutes to charge my 8000 mah 2s lipo. 5000 mah lipos are taking from 20 - 45 minutes. The hybrid is more expensive, but has the LCD screen and is very easy to use.
    SLASH 4x4 Ultimate
    E-Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Champion
    blknryzn, this is just me but if i had $140 for a charger I'd buy 4 AC6s bc I have 8 lipos total.

If you dont have a lipo over 5000 mah then 8 amps isnt needed, if you have a 8000 mah I could understand
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    ok ended up getting an off brand tool kit branded (traxxas starter kit)dont think i can say the name but a stick can blow you up lol 20$. The kit is not bad has what i need and the handle is racheted(sp) still looking at the chargers ty 02hawk will look at that too.