RC poster

Alternative diff shims ?

Apologies if this has been posted before, I've searched but found nothing ...

Does anyone know if there are alternative shims to the Associated 21141's which will fit a merv diff ? I'm having trouble sourcing some quickly in the UK at the moment

The Associated ones are .324 x .409 x .005 , which translates to 8.23 x 10.4 x 0.125mm. I've found a couple of alternative sets which include 8x10mm shims and was wondering if they would fit ?

One is Kyosho part 96644 (e.g from here which contains a selection of 8x10mm shims in varying thicknesses
    Last edited by cat7; 07-25-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: korekted my spelin

RC poster
    Ok, I know its bad form to reply to my own thread ... but I have an update which might help someone

I finally managed to get some Associated 21141 shims but also bought some standard 8x10mm shims as well and I found that they fit perfectly, which is probably because the diff bearing (part #7020) is 8x12mm. The only problem was the ones I bought were 0.3mm thick, which turned out to be too much; next time I'll buy 0.1mm ones.

So, if you're having problems locating some AE shims just get some 8x10x0.1mm ones instead and you should be ok
    Last edited by cat7; 07-29-2011 at 05:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I shimmed with one loop of a spring. It was the perfect thickness so I cut off a perfect circle and installed it. It's performing amazingly with no clicking or binding. I bought a huge box of springs from aldi for 3.50.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.