RC poster

XL5 Serial number....????

Does anyone know the serial number for a XL5 LVD ESC?? I bought a used one that I was told had it and supposedly the sticker was taken off that said it was LVD.....Help!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Gotta bad feeling about this one.

First off, yellow case, or blue? I don't think the yellow cases ever had the LVC. (I could be wrong)
    So they removed the entire sticker around the power button?
    Did they remove the other sticker, (the one that says Traxxas waterproof & XL-5 ESC)?

If the sticker is still on around the power button, they'll be black on both models, but on the LVC model it'll be indicated on the bottom of the sticker where it comes down the front of the case.
    If that sticker's missing, but the other sticker's on, look up at the top of that sticker where it says Traxxas waterproof. On the non-LVC, it'll have a white box where that is, on the LVC model the sticker will be blue all the way to the top. <oops! my bad, just went back to Google images, and on the LVC model, Traxxas will be red letters in a black box, waterproof will be white script on a blue background>
    If both those stickers have been removed, I think it's time to drop back and punt. May hafta look in the manual for that ESC and try and see if you can get it to go into LVC mode.

Let us know whatcha find.
    Last edited by Trubble; 07-23-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Oh, I dunno...... 'cause I can?

RC Champion
    My XL-5 doesnt have LVC and here is the serial number if anyone who has LVC on their XL-5 could post you could look for differences in maybe the leading numbers (because between all the XL-5 there has to be some consistency)

: A1112599

General Pic

Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC poster
    i have 2 without LVC and the numbers are
    A1146700
    A1375452
    and both look just like the pics that have been posted

RC Racer

These are pics from mine. Not sure if you can read it, but on the front of the esc, in the black of the label, it reads "Low Voltage Detection". As long as you see this, from what I gathered in Traxxas' manuals, you're covered, for low voltage cutoff. The way to activate/ deactivate the LVC, is plug a battery into the esc, and push/ hold the "ez-set" button for 10 seconds. At that point, you'll hear a falling tone, signifying the deactivation of the LVC, and a rising tone, for the activation.

RC Champion
    yes my esc doesnt say that-what is your serial number (on the bottom)
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Racer

My appologies, for not including this, last time... A 1567629. Sorry about the blurriness of the photos, my camera on my cell phone sucks, and it's all I have.