RC Qualifier

wireless rc cam!

hey does anyone know where i could get a cheap long range spy cam because i did have one on my truck but it kept inter-fearing with the truck and made it stutter (later that day i found out that it was a AM camera ). please help
    can i get it dad?
    "and thats how its done!"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cheap may be tricky, but there are many about, rctoys.com have a decent selection of 2.4ghx cameras & receivers, robotcombat.com have a nice system for $80 ( in the electronics > cameras & accessories section ), and servocity.com have a few options in their electronics & accessories section too.

There are other websites that sell components and kits, but those are ones I have linked on my website- you can google for wireless camera kits and that should turn up other options..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    but will they inter-fear with the truck (signal)?
    can i get it dad?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What radio do you have?

2.4ghz radios and camera systems should work side by side just fine, so too should Am radios & 2.4ghz cameras- thats the whole point of 2.4ghz systems, no more interference.

RC Qualifier
    WEIRD because my truck was getting a very back signal and started stuttering when i usedhttp://cgi.ebay.ca/Mini-Wireless-CCT...#ht_3532wt_907
    can i get it dad?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Doesnt answer the question- is the radio on your truck the older 27mhz AM version, or the newer 2.4ghz?

So long as it is the latter, I dont imagine the camera will make any odds whether it's 2.4ghz , fm or am- shouldnt interfere at all.

RC Qualifier
    my truck is the 2.4ghz and for some reason it was acting funny (ive only had that camera on my truck once and when it was on the truck, the truck acted weird for the first time)... when i took the cam off it never acted weird again!
    can i get it dad?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm, pass on that one, unless the summit radio is kinda weak and the interference from the camera signal was really that strong..

RC Racer
    If you are asking about first person point of view(P.O.V) video transmission/reciver.They range from 900mhz,2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz.

RC Enthusiast
    If you are using 2.4ghz Tx for your truck and 2.4ghz for a camera system, it will most certainly not work. Idealy you want to use a wireless camera frequency that is higher than the one used to control the truck. If you are on the 27 Mhz radio a 900 mhz cam is ideal, but anything higher will work, if you are using the 2.4 Ghz control, look into the 5.8 ghx camera options. there is alot of info here.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788665
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC Qualifier
    i was looking at that cam before and i thought it was perfect but then i looked at the price!
    can i get it dad?

RC Champion
    yea I second that. 2.4ghz radio will not work with 2.4ghz cam. I don't know why, I assumed it would be like simply another 2.4ghz radio in the area. But I ran a 2.4ghz camera set up with a 2.4ghz spectrum radio system and either my viewing screen would black out or the truck simply stopped and went into no signal/fail safe mode. Frustrating waste of money. Most experienced guys say to use another signal type 900 or 5.9 if its allowed.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    ya but you can still use that cam you have for non-2.4ghz (with crystals) thats what happened with that one i got i just used it for all my other cars/trucks (that use crystals) and so far its been working perfectly
    can i get it dad?