RC poster

Will this motor work with my merv?

So i have a wr8 flux with the vector 4000kv and electronics to go with. It needs work but i really dont want to, i have way more fun with the merv.

There doesnt seem to be much info available on the motor itself and i was wondering if anyone knew better about pros and cons vs the velineon system, and also if practical what to make it work.

What size system is it listed as? If it's 1/10 it will work just maybe with a couple mods.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    The HPI FLUX VEKTOR 4000Kv motor ist made by Castle. According to a Castle rep it's quite similar to the NEUCastle 1410 1Y 3800KV, but made with a little lower quality materials (thicker rotor lamination, lower grade magnets), so less efficient.

Have you tried a test-fit? Its quite huge, longer than the Castle 1406 series and might not fit over the rear shocks.
    It got a lot of torque and is an amp-hog, might be hard to find batteries that can supply it appropriately.

You'll need to use the FLUX ESC as the Velineon VXL-3m can not drive it properly and a bigblock motor mount.

That is a combo for a 1/8 scale car. If you want an out of proportion powered Merv, you can try it. If you want to keep the Merv in one piece keep it controllable, it is a no go.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    What about a Sidewinder SV2 with the 1406 4600kV motor? What does it take to install a 540 motor on the merv/miniSummit platform? It's 36mm diameter and 49mm length...
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    CC SV2 + 1406 4600/5700KV seem to be popular choices on this board, if you really want to go bigblock.

You'll need Traxxas parts:
    Motor mount TRA7360
    Motor plate TRA7380
    Gear cover TRA7379R

OR
    HotRacing VXS18X01

OR
    Tenbol motor mount

+ good LiPos

btw, the
    Flux Vektor is 3656 (dia|lenght in mm)
    CC1410 is 3653
    CC1406 series is 3648

RC Champion

Will this motor work with my merv?

I like the look of the HR one. If I sell my 2WD as a roller maybe I'll put the CC Sidewinder w/ 4600kV in this... I also have an older CM36 5700kV, but I don't think I want that high a KV in the mini I've got.

I've already got Duratrax 3S LiPos and SPC 2S LiPos.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?