RC poster

stock electronics in revo 2.5r?

I have a bone stock Revo 2.5r model 5310 which I haven't used since 2005 because the stock engine isn't working right. On a whim, I decided to order the OS 21TM because my neighbor's OS 18 T-Maxx fired up instantly after years of non-use and ran surprisingly well with only a minor tune.

I still have tons of parts from my Stampede, and OS powered r/c plane so hopefully I have what I need to get up and going again. Either way, I added a few extra things to the shopping cart like fresh fuel, fuel lines, fuel filter, an rx battery battery pack and a handful of glow plugs to be safe.

I got bored waiting for the stuff to come in the mail so I began to scrutinize the truck and I realized that replacing the servos might make the truck handle a little better. The throttle and steering servos are all Traxxas model 2055. Anyways, would I notice a worthwhile difference if I upgraded the three servos to say the Hitec 645MG? Or any other servo (within reason)?

RC Qualifier
    The 645mg is an excellent throttle servo. Its what Ive used for sone time now. As for the steering servo, one with a bit more torque would be best if you plan on only using a single steerig servo such as Hitec 7955tg. I suppose if you were running two the 645 would be more than enough.
    Revo MM CC2200
    Rusty MMP CC3800
    Merv SV2 CC5700

RC poster
    Cool man. It seems like most people use only one steering servo for their Revo. Does the battery last that much longer?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by doajordan View Post
    Cool man. It seems like most people use only one steering servo for their Revo. Does the battery last that much longer?
    Yes you will see longer running times but it depends on the new servo.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    I wouldn't get too carried away with the throttle servo. Your throttle return spring needs to be able to push it back in the event of a power loss.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Enthusiast
    I'm rebuilding my Revo 2.5r. They are awesome trucks!