RC Qualifier

front tire wobble in reverse

Front tire wobble in reverse.

Just wondering if this is normal? thinking its the caster of the slash .

Just got the slash today and did the break in , in a large paved parking lot (like manual suggest) .

the slash is a 2wd brush AM, all stock, but running 2s 4000 blue lipo hard case. slide to rear . used that big foam block they supply with slash in front of battery.
    also turned on the lipo cut off.

anyway i suspect its the caster setting of the slash. if you apply reverse slowly and increase throttle slow. about 1/8 or more the front wobbles left to right . were the summit i do not see this . anyway caught my attention right away .

Great little truck, amazed how wide it is. will test on offroad track this weekend.

btw i ran a watt meter this thing pulls 45.8 amps max (never used the brakes , but that would make it go higher, so reading is just foward max throttle on brand new pavement)

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Totally normal, it happens to all the lighter faster trucks by Traxxas. Your Summit probably doesn't do it because it's not the fastest truck out there, and it's pretty darn heavy.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    As Great National said this is normal for a slash. I don't know of any methods to correct it though. Have fun with your truck

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys .

Btw will see if faster then my summit LOL . but yea much lighter . I think the body is more heavy

RC poster
    what if the wobble starts happening at full throttle going forwards?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty101 View Post
    what if the wobble starts happening at full throttle going forwards?
    Then something is too loose in the casters, bearing carriers, or your linkages

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Then something is too loose in the casters, bearing carriers, or your linkages
    i've already tightened everything i can to the max. I changed the stock a-arms for rpms' could it have something to do with it?

RC Competitor
    yeah my slash does that in reverse also it is perfectly normal

RC Qualifier
    i know nothing is loose on this new truck. but did find the camber on two wheels off , from the factory . left front was -2 the right front was -4 . also from out of the box you had to put 3/4 Cw trim to steering , so it would go staright. i tried the manual way to center the steering. but in the end i had to adjust the link from servo to the idler arm. had to make it longer by at least 3 turns.

body got rubbed up by side nerfs and tops of tires. so added velcro strips to nerfs , and raised body . for front i had to install 3/16 spacer , and used longer screws to post's . odd no body adjutment in front .

works pretty good now. ill go test it on that smooth pavement again , to see if it still wobbles in reverse. but i suspect its the Caster angle , causeing the wobble in reverse. could not tell on offroad track. besides i only drive foward on that LOL.

Thanks

side note:
    well i did runs around track with new slash. pretty fun. its about 1 second slower then my summit (which is not totaly stock) .
    admited i need to practice more with a 2wd truck, so probably way slash is a little slower then my summit. track is pretty large takes about 20 sceonds to do a lap.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty101 View Post
    i've already tightened everything i can to the max. I changed the stock a-arms for rpms' could it have something to do with it?
    No the rpm arms wouldn't have anything to do with that. Is the hex in your wheel worn down?