RC Racer

Slash 4x4 bullet proof body! Indestructible!

I found this on ebay and figured i would share it. The slash 4x4 body is indestructible.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-SLASH-1-...item45fb97b74f

Proof the body is indestructible!

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaL2BsCbu-o
    They sell bodys for other traxxas cars too.
    http://shop.ebay.com/sellinchevs/m.h...id=p4340.l2562

I want one for my slash but i need to save up for it, it would be perfect for bashing but racing the body would be to heavy.
    Last edited by Mikey560; 07-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    150 bucks after shipping?

No thanks.
    R/Cs = world peace

RC Champion
    you can buy a can of the lineX for 25.00 buck's, same stuff.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    I was thinking the same thing to do it myself but if u go to the youtube video and look at the comments the guy claims " there is a secret to get the lineX/Bulletproof lining to stay to the lexan body/paint". it cant be that hard someone else should be able to do it themselves.

RC Champion
    Also, this makes the body heavy as heck, making it useless for racing and not much fun for bashing either, cause the truck will constantly roll over due to the greatly increased CoG.

RC Champion
    The "secret" is probably lightly sanding the body with fine sand paper.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Racer
    well i was thinking when you install lineX to a pickup truck bed you dont sand the paint, you just spray the lineX on the paint and its fine. Correct me if i am wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey560 View Post
    well i was thinking when you install lineX to a pickup truck bed you dont sand the paint, you just spray the lineX on the paint and its fine. Correct me if i am wrong.

Not to be mean, but you are wrong. Most do it yourself paint on bed liners state "for best results, sand the surface that you are applying the product to." But, these products really are not made for plastics either...
    Slash VXL+Lipo=Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
    Also, this makes the body heavy as heck, making it useless for racing and not much fun for bashing either, cause the truck will constantly roll over due to the greatly increased CoG.

What increased CoG it doesn’t lift the car any higher off the ground? how do you figure?

i mean yea it will add weight but not much.. I sprayed all the inside of my bodies, with the stuff that comes in a spray can pick it up at any wal-mart or parts store, key is to lightly sandy the surface and is apply it to a clean surface it should stick fine.. I have no problem with he truck rolling running 2s 5200mah lipo does great.. I don’t see a huge need for it other than it keeps the paint for getting rubbed off around the body post. Also makes it easier to clean
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    "Brand new still"......Haha...
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    it's like putting a brick on top of the body, the more weight above the wheel's the higher the COG.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Bit of a waste of money imo...

RC poster
    I do have one of these bodies for my slash 4x4 and love it. Love the looks of it, skidded on the top of the truck a good 30 feet on its top on asphalt and it did not even scratch it. Best part is when bashing, it does protect some of the parts I have previously trashed when the stock body collapsed. The bluet proof body does not dent it I think saving part destruction when hitting stuff hard in the air.

I think its a bit expensive myself but to each his own.

I prefer rollcages over plastic lids and those last a loonngg time.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Lining the inside of the body also makes it quieter and sounds solid. I used the spray on rubberized coatin on my body but mine was already to beat up to save.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    I've seen a couple of these bodies. They're great when new,but my buddies shell had the liner peel off around the edges after a few months of bashing. For the money,you could but 3 or 4 more extra bodies.
    Rustler VXL
    Stampede 4x4
    Slash 4x4