RC Enthusiast

Battery runtime questions

I have a slash 2WD with stock everything--I did install the optional 23 tooth pinion gear--Have a 3000 MAH 8.4 v Traxxas powercell that came with the kit--Getting about 8 minutes of decent runtime -on a mix of grass and dirt---No high jumps or hilly terrain---Battery is pretty hot and motor very hot upon finishing run..Is this normal activity? How long should it be running--Im charging with the little 8 hur wall charger that came with the truck--But it now seems to be charging in 4 or 5 hours--IS my battery giving a false charge? If so how do I fix that--

I know about Lipo being the way to go, etc. But Im wondering about this specific battery

Thanks

RC Champion
    Those wall charger's are junk, look into getting a good charger that could charge both lipo and NIHM's. Now do you have the VXL or the titan motor setup in your slash? Lipo will really wake the VXL system up.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like he's all stock... in which case, yea you sound normal.

Nimhs can be tricky to charge, but they... well hang on, I was going to say they shoudl come off the charger warm, but the stock charger is such a low rate, I'm not sure if they'd build heat or not.

RC Enthusiast
    I'd think the heat may come from the 23 tooth. Have you put the 19 back on to see if it's the same result?
    Slash Mod

"Pardue0511" at VP-Pro USA for 5% off

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinking of putting the 19 back on---I ran it today on hard pavement --same setup as above--( parking lot) for 11 mins--No hot motor at all---My LHS said my battery is putting out 9.4 V but it may be losing its punch because of its useage...Probably a little over 100 or so charges so far