RC Enthusiast

Cool No throttle or steering

My vxl mini e revo does not move or steer. I put fully charged batt and does not do anything. The receiver led codes are blinking green and red fast!! And the ESC has a dim red light and blinks green and red and dim red. WHATS WRONG WITH MY MINI E REVO PLEASE HELP ME

RC Enthusiast
    steering servo has a bad pot and is feeding bogus info to the esc. replace part # 2080. traxxas will tell you to send it in and they will fix it for $15, but it is just as cheep to buy a new one.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank u Garyguy!!

RC Qualifier
    Actually sending the servo back to Traxxas isn't a bad idea. You send em a check for $15 + $5 shipping and you get a new, freshly-warranteed servo. They may even send your check back with it.
    The prototype project.

RC Competitor
    This seems to be a known issue.
    I was doing some driving today, few high speed runs, nothing major, had just shimmed my diffs when all of a sudden steering went to crap at around 15 mph. Cut power and let it coast to a stop, no power, bunch of flashing lights (no patterns), and would work when I played with the front wheels.
    Put the servo in one of my planes ESC's and my plane goes nuts.
    It is not only sending a bad signal is is confusing the heck out of the ESC.

Traxxas needs to fix this faulty product and they will be getting an ear full from me tomorrow.

RC Racer
    I went through 2 already. I still have on laying in my garbage... I just threw it out 5 minutes ago... Why DO they break??
    Carpe Diem

RC Champion
    Is there another brand option for this servo? My friends just did the same thing. . . Pretty sad if it's a known issue and they haven't produced a replacement for it. . .