RC poster

slash vxl esc problems

Hey i got my slash 2wd brushless new for christmas and i took to the races last night and today when i went to drive it the low voltage detection came on so i turned it off then i set everything back for for NIMH drove it forward in back in my living room seemed fine then turnt it off to switch batterys when i turnt it back on it back to low voltage detection i assume is went green then red then blinked red once, twice, three times and then the radio was blinking red. so i unplugged everything ect. then re-tried it did the same thing but it got to the second blinks and then shut off the esc. i tried to see if the button on the esc was stuck it wasnt.
    so i went on tried it again got it out of low voltage and was driving it out side and then the low voltage turned on again when i turnt it off and back on. So i basiclly gave up im speechless ive never had this happend nor heard of it happening before ive only drove my truck probably 10 times its completly stock also. I was wondering if someone has had this happen to them or heard of it happening. I was going to call Traxxas but forgot there closed on weekends I think they would send me another ESC, atleast they should the truck is only 5 months old and only has like 20 driving hrs on it only been driving 10 times and only once at the races rest was driving in my back yard that is completly flat. I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME MY MOM DIDNT JUST SPEND 700.00 FOR NOTHING. Thanks for taking time and reading my post - to contact me just pm or whatever also email me at Ausman82195@aol.com Thanks once again.

RC Racer
    Ok I think I can help you.

I assume that your running both Lipos and NiMh? Did you wait for the tone when switching from LVC on to LVC off?

First thing I would do is a complete reset of the radio and truck. I just posted directions for this in a different thread its here.

try this first and see if any thing changes. good luck

RC poster
    Okay LessthanMetal i do not run lipo's nor have i ever ran them but i do run NiMh my truck did this before but it only took one time of fixing it and it didnt do it again i think my button gets stuck randomly i will try the reset and let you know how it went Thanks for the help

okay so that didnt work it wont even re-program when i reset the radio it stays green for like 5 seconds then starts flashing red. when i plug the batterys in the esc automaticlly turns on then cycles through the modes and doesnt stop.. im so confused

okay so my button is sticking extremly bad thats the problem and my radio is still blinking red it has fully charged batterys in it too ill just take it to my local hobby shop and if they cant fix it ill call traxxas they should send me a new ESC
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-27-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: merge