RC Racer

Slash Temp issues

I installed a brushless system on my 2wd slash. I am having temp issues to the point where the esc goes to overheat protection and shuts off. I have the windsheild cut out completely to make for a better video quality. I figured that would keep it plenty cool. maybe i need to put holes in the back to let more hot air escape? I am running 19/86 gear set up

RC Qualifier
    Get the TRX esc fan... It works GREAT! Well worth the $20!
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC Qualifier
    Have you tried dropping the pinion a tooth or two?

How long is it taking to overheat?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    What motor and esc are you running. The gearing info tells nothing without the specs of the motor/esc.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Its a Castle Sidewinder V2 6900 kv. I was running 14 tooth but there was no speed..my buddy is running the same set up in his pede with no issues.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    You are way overgeared. Find the smallest pinion and biggest spur you can find, and then maybe, just maybe you can get the temps down. That 6900 is a touring car motor. You will need to get down to a 5700(will run hot also) or less to do anything more than speed runs with frequent cool downs after a min or 2. I find it hard to believe that a sw/6900 in a pede is running cool with no temp issues. In fact I dont believe it at all unless your are running in arctic temperatures. Are you sure he does not have a 5700, or 4600 motor?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    yeah..i talked to him..he does have the 5700. would a 5700 or 4600 be better for the slash?