RC poster

Upgrade xl5 esc and Titan t12 motor to the vxl's Velineon setup.

I was wondering what it would take to change my slash's esc and motor to what the vxl models come with. I bought my slash with the titan t12 and xl 5 but im just not satisfied with 30mph. I was wondering if i could find and use the exact motor and esc that the vxl model comes with without having to buy an entirely new car. Maybe i could buy replacement parts and just switch them with what i have now? And will they bolt directly onto my car?

If i do all this, change the pinon/spur, and upgrade to lipo 3S 11.4V battery im hoping to over double the cars speed as it is.

This is my first rc car so pardon my ignorance. Any information is gladly appriciated.
    Last edited by tyler55; 06-23-2011 at 01:32 AM.

RC Champion
    On 3S, it will more than double the speed, but the car will also be very hard to control, as you'll keep losing grip.
    And yes, the vxl set is a direct fit.

RC poster
    Okay, that's good news.
    So should i stick with the stock battery or just change it to a lesser lipo battery?

RC Qualifier
    Stock battery and/or 2S LiPo would be the best way to gain positive experience.

RC Champion
    Yep, 2S. Good speed without loss of control.. going at insane speeds is nice sometimes, but it gets boring quick if the truck just keeps breaking or spinning out of control.

RC poster
    Yeah, i see your point. I want it to be fast, but I also want to be able to drive it.
    Vxl motor and esc setup and a 2s battery.
    Im going to order the parts this week.

Thanks a lot guys.

RC Racer
    I drive mine on 3s all the time and love it. But I drive on pavement with lots of traction. I would have to support the other guys that 2s would be best on dirt for sure. 3s nets 52mph with stock pinion and it will wheelie all day long. Overkill for dirt....but a blast for pavement bashing. I made some roll-bars and put some shock travel limiters in the shocks to lower ride height, and my VXL slash is a blast to drive and handles great on pavement. Dirt...not so much! haha.

RC Champion
    what kirkhayes said what's the point making something safe and driveable if you're not a racer? way less fun imo just get the full cheese burger 3s lipo. i'm getting one soon can't wait
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL