RC Racer

Are CVD's worth it?

Are cvd's worth putting in the slash because it's at the time when everything is getting worn out and so far both of my axles has gotten worn out.
    <nitro rustler.15>< vxl slash>

RC Racer
    Are you running brushed or brushless? On brushed I would stick with stock driveshafts because CVD's cost quite a bit more, when I was running brushed in my slash the driveshafts did seem to wear after a while but they never broke, but once I put a VXL3s in it they snapped twice, then I upgraded to MIP CVD's and haven't had problems.

RC Racer
    i am running brushless

RC Racer
    Ya if you have an extra $40-$50 then I'd go with some CVD's. Like I said I have the MIP CVD's and they work great. And if you get them on eBay you can sometimes find them for a good price, I think I got mine for $32 shipped. But if the stock driveshafts have been holding up for quite a while then the stock shafts are definitely cheaper, I just know that with my slash the stock driveshafts weren't holding up well at all. ( I'm sure it was my somewhat abusive driving style lol)

RC Qualifier
    Cc 3800 mmp with slash 4x4 driveshafts for 6months and no issues with tight slipper.

RC Champion
    if you go with the MIP's get the heavy duty set.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    if you go with the MIP's get the heavy duty set.
    Ya I got the C-CVD's and they occasionally pop out of the driveshaft, the X-duty ones use splines so you wouldn't have that problem. But the X-duties are also like $60

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by animator13 View Post
    they occasionally pop out of the driveshaft
    I mean drive cup