RC Competitor

Clutch bell Geat

So i just burned out my second stock gear on the clutch bell doing doughnuts...

I need to get a higher strength gear than the stock one. Any ideas?
    I want the normal gearing that it has stock but i need a strong one that will fit my trx 3.3

also... the reason i burned the gear out... ive got a metal spur gear thats super strong so i need a strong clutch bell gear.

Thanks!!

ps sorry i meant to say gear in the title... hahah
    Last edited by robbyt1994; 06-21-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    -Off the Jump!!-

CRASH

Get rid of the steel spur and stop doing so many donuts.
    The Super Derecho

Robinson Racing Products will have just what you asked forů

Something else will most likely break when you use the hardened steel bell and spur.
    Plastic is fantastic
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    This gets brought up over and over my friend, and the answer is always the same. If you do a search, you'll probably come up with pages and pages of these threads. The day you install a steel spur, your drivetrain is on the Eve of Destruction!

I was wondering what Geats had to do with RC . No, I'm just busting your chops. I don't even think most people would be able to tell you who the Geats were (aka Ostrogoths, sounds cooler), where they were from. No one pays attention in high school English class when they're teaching Beowulf . I don't understand this contempt that I see in many people when it comes to learning; that's our modern-day Grendel. The dark, evil, brutish force ready to tear down society.

Just an interesting note, what a funny name to give this big all-powerful hero... literally translated to "bee hunter" meaning bear.

*Edit* - Well, now that I think about it, of course almost no one would be able to tell you that, just look at the study that found that a majority of Texas high-school seniors poised to graduate didn't even know what country lies south of our border. How do they not know its Cuba ! LOL.
    Last edited by Petox20; 06-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.

RC Champion
    I meant to say that the study found that the majority of Texas high school seniors who were about to graduate (not even the ones about to go on to be... Super Seniors!) didn't even know that (I cracked a joke, but) Mexico lies south of out national border.

Excuse my ranting post, I was temporarily upset at what was on the news when I wrote it. But I don't want it taken down, either.

RC Champion
    Don't watch the news then. A steel spur isn't going to destroy everything in an instant, but it does make life a little harder on the plastic internals. It's kind of like putting a 4 inch exhaust on a Honda civic ;-)
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Competitor
    Hahaha so i should check out the robinson racing gears? They're good?
    -Off the Jump!!-

CRASH

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyt1994 View Post
    Hahaha so i should check out the robinson racing gears? They're good?
    No! That's the opposite of what you should do. Listen to what Snook Man said, he is right. I've said it many times myself, if you switch to a steel spur it is for one of two reasons. One, you think it is cool; two, you keep breaking stock spur gears. I'm not even going to address the first reason , but if you keep breaking stock spurs then you have something going on that you need to address. Either your gear mesh is off, something is shifting around (engine or tranny), &c. and you need to fix it. The stock plastic spur gear is not only adequate if there isn't any problems going on, it is necessary. You want this cheap, easy to replace part to break rather than something inside the tranny. People go the route then of 'upgrading' the tranny internals, blah blah blah and end up with so much rotating mass and money down the drain for nothing. Just use the stock spur gears.

Your steel spur us made from hardened steel, the stock CB is not. Robinson Racing has hardened steel CB's.. But honestly the steel spur is not needed. I know many with BB's on their RC's using plastic spurs...

Just make sure you set your slipper good or you risk wiping out your driveline..... I've had plastic spurs always, raced and bashed. The issue for stripped spurs is either the chassis flexing from a bad landing or wreck, a bad CB bearing, loose tranny mount or motor mount due to a loose screw or stripped screw. Landing while the throttle is too high, having your slipper too tight or just not aligning up the gears and setting the mesh correctly.
    Those are the most common causes....

Good luck.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous