RC Enthusiast

Hello, a newbie question

Hi Everyone!
    I recently bought a new Slash 2wd vxl. Its my first real rc (only owns some radio shack toys before). First I have to say that I love IT!
    Just a quick question, what is the best gearing setting to keep the motor and esc running "cool"? I only use nimh batteries, 8.4v and 10.8v... I live in a hot tropical island... So I think I need to adjust IT... Any help please..

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    how hot is it running now ? what surface are you running on ? and what tropical island , because when the snow starts here i may come for a 6 month visit

RC Enthusiast
    Hi, thanks for your response...
    Actually, I haven't check with a thermometer, but after a 10-15mins running with the 10.8v nimh on the parking (regular street paved area) IT becomed so hot that i can't touch for a second!
    Btw, I'm in Puerto Rico, extreme hot summer here! Sun all the year!

RC Qualifier
    Invest in an ESC cooling fan! You will be amazed at how much it helps!
    Traxxas has one made for the vxl. Check ebay for 'vxl fan' or your local hobby shop.
    Keep in mind: The hotter the ESC is, the harder it has to work, which makes the battery work harder and lose power quicker.
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC Qualifier
    Oh, stock gearing will do just fine!
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCamZ28 View Post
    Invest in an ESC cooling fan! You will be amazed at how much it helps!
    Traxxas has one made for the vxl. Check ebay for 'vxl fan' or your local hobby shop.
    Keep in mind: The hotter the ESC is, the harder it has to work, which makes the battery work harder and lose power quicker.
    you think the fan will be enough ? i have never used one so i have no idea .

RC Enthusiast
    Is enough using a fan only on the esc? Is the motor the one getting hotter...

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you need both

RC Qualifier

RC poster
    get some venom heat sync fans and u will be good. they run hot to keep the motor alive and pushing that truck. if it is running too hot then just turn it off when it does happen and dont charge ur battery and then put in ur truck as soon as u pull it off those batterys melt and shorten out when they get too hot
    \

RC Enthusiast
    Hi, I received the integy motor heatsink w fan today, but can't handle the installation on the motor... I doesn't fit! Anyone can give an advise?
    Thanks