RC poster

Slash vs Stampede

So what is the biggest difference (performance, customization etc) between the Slash 4x4 and the Stampede 4x4? I currently have the Stampede but want to add to my collection... thinking of adding the Slash 4x4.
    Good choice?

RC Enthusiast
    Stampede has more clearance
    ziggy ziggy coco pop ziggy ziggy pop!

RC Champion
    Slash's chassis is longer. You could buy a Slash chassis, center driveshaft and simply convert it to a Slash. Unless you want to buy another RC.

Search stampede to slash conversion for parts list if you want to go that route.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 01-04-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Slash's chassis is longer. You could buy a Slash chassis, center driveshaft and simply convert it to a Slash. Unless you want to buy another RC.

Search stampede to slash conversion for parts list if you want to go that route.
    I totally agree dude best way by miles.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    yeah I want to keep my stampede and add another car. Just trying to decide which one to go with. Would like it to be different then my pede but comparable so my son and I could run them together. Maybe get another pede and just put a different body on it or go with a different vehicle all together? just trying to decide...

Also, do you save a significant amount of money by building from parts vs buying an RTR?

RC Qualifier
    I would say it really would depend on your most common bashing spot. Parking lots, gravel and tracks, go slash. Longer grass, rougher terrian, go pede.

It would be good too to have two different models and really compare the two. Thats the route I would go if I were to buy another "Go Fast" RC...

Building from a roller can save you money in the long run if you plan on customizing the truck and know what you want. That way you can get it the way you like it from the start. After building my first kit, I don't think I will ever go back to RTR. RTR's are great for a beginner who wants instant pleasure. I had my instant pleasure with the P4de! and still enjoying it.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC poster
    So whats a great source for getting a parts list and buying parts?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoder View Post
    The internet!...lol. Seriously, there are plenty of threads on "hop-ups" in here. Then search the net for traxxas stampede parts, then shop around for the best price. I have ordered from at least a half dozen places just for my p4de.

Rcplanet.com
    Towerhobbies.com
    RCsuperstore.com
    RPPhobby.com
    Amainhobbies.com
    Traxxas.com
    and so on and so on.....
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoder View Post
    You could buy a rolling chassis from ebay for $185.00 as listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-VXL-...item58a932ed4e

Then you could slowly exchange the stock plastic for upgraded parts of your choice. Rollers are nice to buy because you can choose whatever electronics you want. As for a parts list, search the forums for stampede 4x4 builds. I personally built my p4de up from a roller and have a build thread as do many other members. They are helpful to read to see what parts work and how things look. Good luck!
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

I enjoyed my Pede, but I like the truck a lot better once I converted it to a Slash. Sure, you lose a little ground clearance, but it make that makes up for it in stability.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I have thought about going to a slash chassis but I love the ground clearance and with a shorter chassis easier to backflip.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!