RC Qualifier

Help me decide on a new truck!!!:)

Ok guys, here it is. I sold my stampede, and mini late model. And then, plus my rock picking money, that leaves me around $500 for a new truck!!! WOO HOO! butttttt i have absolutely no clue on which one to getttt! I can't decide! One thing i do know though, it's going to be electric! So, here's the options 1/16 e revo vxl, 1/16 summit vxl, 1/10 slash 4x4, 1/10 slash 2x4. These are my options that i've narrowed down. I can't decide!!! haha so help me decide on this one guys, thanks!

RC Qualifier
    also guys it can be either nitro orrr electric now i guess? I mostly bash with a little racing every now and then so thanks!

RC Racer
    well it depends on what you want to do. Bashing 1/10 Slash 4x4 or 4x2. The problem with the mini's from my experience is they are hard to run in certain place because of the terrain and how small they are.
    Slash CC 4600
    Pede 2X4 Titan
    Revo Fiego 8XL

RC Qualifier
    well i mostly bash. and i've narrowed down my options to these-4x4 slash,2x4 slash, 3.3 slayer, 3.3 t maxx, 3.3 jato. Thanks! Please help me decideeee

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by latemodelstampede View Post
    well i mostly bash. and i've narrowed down my options to these-4x4 slash,2x4 slash, 3.3 slayer, 3.3 t maxx, 3.3 jato. Thanks! Please help me decideeee
    If I where you I would go electric, I believe they are way better and have the potential to be faster. Remember this is just my opinion.
    E-Maxx 3903

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Dont both with nitro... youll get frustrated with it and the ongoing costs. Go with the 2X4 slash and put a good set of driveshafts, an upgraded power system, some lipos and some MT tires/wheelss and an MT body on it. Thats a sweet setup. You coudl do the same thing to a 4X4 slash but youll run out of money pretty quickly if you start with a 4X4 slash.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    yeah don't go nitro they are way to sensitive to bashing.. atleast my experience get the 4x4 slash vxl. bash the crap out of it then upgrade in the future. no sense in buying a new truck upgrading then bashing the crap out of it. lol I always say break something first then upgrade from there. Good luck! Oh yeah snag some 3s ***** lipos for like 40 bucks a battery and youll be set
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-14-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Or you can get a 3S SPC lipo from a company thats not banned by Traxxas for $33... just sayin.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    I would definately suggest the slash 4x4. I own a slash 2x4 with the vxl system in it and its really nice for bashing. With a 4x4 the front wheels will give the truck more power to the ground and it will definately help with steering at higher speeds.

RC Champion
    The 2x4 is definetly best for overall bashing. The 4x4 is great but much more maintenance and 2x4 is more challenging and fun to me.
    Land of the free?

RC Enthusiast
    I couldnt agree more i enjoy the challenge of cornering the 2x4. For me the 4x4 would be better so i can drive it all year(snow/ice). With only 2 wheels getting power it does save on maintenance.

RC Racer
    thanks pav lol see I am still new to posting on this board. You have to excuse my mess some times

RC Racer
    slash 4x4 all the way. durable truck easy to fix, fast truck and goes everywhere
    Be sure and watch for(crunch and smash) cars...>.<

RC Champion
    Go with the Slash 4x4, can go on more off road than the 2x4 slash and comes brushless standard
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

They do now make a Brushless 2X4 slash VXL.... with a 2.4 radio.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Yes they do, but if he is looking to save money he is probably just going to go on ebay and buy something used with a blushless upgraded motor/esc and radio and many more things.
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Get the slash 4x4 hands down. Take it to the skate park and enjoy. Replace your parts with RPm as they break. Take care of it and she will bring you many moments of happiness.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustler VXL kid View Post
    Yes they do, but if he is looking to save money he is probably just going to go on ebay and buy something used with a blushless upgraded motor/esc and radio and many more things.
    Im curious why you say that... is that what he told you? The 2X4 slash VXL isnt a bad deal bought new from tower... especially if hes planning to buy new anyway. You get the VXL System and a 2.4 radio for about $100...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Might want to check out the rustler VXL. its the only hobby grade RC iv owned but its a lot of fun. and 320 bucks is a fairly attractive price compaired to a lot of other moddles.

RC Racer
    nitro is not that hard to deal with there quite easy ^^ omg its a florida guy ^^

RC Qualifier
    well, i ended up getting the traxxas rustler vxl with a 2.4 radio. Now I'm sort of kicking myself because i'm not sure if i made the right decisions between nitro and electric. I mean, I am really handy with engines and tune engines every day and stuff, so..?

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by latemodelstampede View Post
    well, i ended up getting the traxxas rustler vxl with a 2.4 radio. Now I'm sort of kicking myself because i'm not sure if i made the right decisions between nitro and electric. I mean, I am really handy with engines and tune engines every day and stuff, so..?
    I think you made the right decision. My buddy is fairly handy too, but we always just end up driving my Slash 4x4 because his T-Maxx won't start. Plus once you buy everything for an electric, you're good to go for a while. Nitro you have to keep buying fuel, oil, blah blah blah

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks!