RC Enthusiast

revo slipper clutch problems

my slipper clutch keeps getting loose an now it is strpping my spur gears can anyone help

RC Champion
    Take apart the entire slipper assembly. Sand the disc on some fine sandpaper. Sand until you remove all of the shiny, glazed-over area. Sand the pads also, lightly, leaving them attached to the alum. slipper body. Look at the bellville washers, and make sure you have not flattened them out by over-tightening the assembly. If they are flattened, they will not perform as they are supposed to, and will need to be replaced. Look at the part that the pads are attached to, and make sure it is not buckled or deformed from overtightening.

To my fix. I put a small o-ring between the bellville washers. The o-ring should be a little smaller in dia. than the bellvilles, but thick enough that when the assembly is hand tightened, the bellvilles will not touch each other. I tighten the slipper nut to the point that the bellvilles touch. The o-ring provides tension on the slipper, without having to over tighten the nut. I rebuilt my slipper once, and have not had to mess with it since.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Champion
    The O-ring fix explained by Oomp works really good. The other thing I will do after sand everything is to glue the pads with Gasket seal
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Qualifier
    are you sure its not just a worn nylon nut?

RC Qualifier
    +1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RC Champion
    +2 it's happened to me before.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Champion
    Lol +3 Could be the nut

RC Competitor
    Try using some red loc-tite on the nut and see what happens. That is what I would probably do first. Use just a little little bit!

RC Champion
    No man!!! not red, blue is better, red is going to bond the nut to the shaft forever. Give a try to the blue first.

RC Champion
    If you think it is the nut, get a new one.

I suspect the Bellville washers are flattened. If the bellvville washers are flat, the nut will not be able to stop the slipper from slipping no matter how much loctite you use.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear