RC Enthusiast

HOONIGAN on BOARD !

Anyone have the Go-pro TRAXXAS Camera ?? if so lets get a HOONIGAN thread started :P

RC Champion
    Those things are $160 yikes.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Enthusiast
    I Know Qyk thats costly and since sometimes my KB randomly does end over end rolls I dunno how mounting a 160 dollar camera on the top will make it easier to watch!. I just had the idea last night cause I had literally a 50 foot drift with my KB into a donut and out. I was like dang that would have been cool in FP.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 06-08-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    just mount this one on top, CLICK HERE I have seen a guy on here with this one, but it wasnt 720p, and it looked pretty good, now they upgraded to HD, i might have to give it a try...
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Enthusiast
    My buddy has a regular 1080P gopro and puts it on his E-maxx all the time. He has rolled it several times and I will admit i am suprised at how durable it is. I wouldn't recommend rolling your car at 50mph on concrete. But it def makes for some good shots if you are out with some friends and want to make some videos.

Also remember, the GoPro camera was built for alternative sports, so they built them fairly durable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I had mine on my Stampede and it really messed up the handling of the truck. The Go Pro is NOT a light weight camera on a vehicle this size. I would imagine mounting one on a Rally would make it next to undriveable. On top of that the footage is honestly, terrible. Because its a POV camera you only get the drivers view which is far less exciting than seeing the car doing cool moves from a 3rd person perspective. Just my 2 cents. The camera can certainly take it though... I cartwheeled a Polaris RZR S off a 40 foot double with one strapped to the roll bar and it came away NO problem. Unfortunately at that point the card was full... dang eh.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    ... The camera can certainly take it though... I cartwheeled a Polaris RZR S off a 40 foot double with one strapped to the roll bar and it came away NO problem.
    After seeing what I did this past winter, I somehow find this completely believable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    What, you mean that guy who hit the tree right in front of you... if he was wearing a go-pro I say the footage gets entered into evidence... hmmmmm
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    This is what I was thinking, I was going to try to recreate a Gymkhana session etc of Ken blocks, wasnt something i was gonna do in a day or night but a project to work on this summer and edit like crazy this coming winter. But if the camera will make it top heavy etc i will have to start looking into other options, maybe a RC plane camera I just need something that will shoot POV forward and reverse etc

RC Champion
    If you truly want to re-create it, your best bet is a TT-01D or something along those lines, the longer wheelbase makes them easier to control. Not that these arent fun, nor am I trying to discourage you from trying.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks, Qykslvr I have been looking around etc thats a good looken car, does anyone know about Kyosho 1/10 Gp V-One R4 Touring Car etc looken for a Nitro drifter as well.

No kids = MORE RC TOYS

RC Champion
    4-tec is the similar, just not belt driven.

RC Competitor
    Maybe try an 808 keychain camera? They're really cheap.