Thread: My Ride

RC Qualifier

My Ride

Finally got my parts in from TheToyz. Every Merv/Slash owner needs to bookmark this site. XD. Havent driven it yet, Just sittin there lookin pretty. This one is like a tri-version. Part Slash. Part Merv. Part Drift
    -RPM F&R Arms
    -GPM Turnbuckle set
    -T-Bonez Front bumper
    -TC Wheels (U-Groove) also have HPI T-Drifts
    -Exo-Carbon wing
    -2.22 Rate Black springs/35 wt oil
    -Integy Rollcage (Thrown on when hardcore bashing)
    All I need to complete it is some wheel wideners and Im trying to find maybe some scale looking beadlock rims. anybody know where? and for a reasonable price? What kind of gear do you guys reccomend with this kind of set-up for speedy driving and drifting.
    99%er

RC Racer
    Do some experimentation with rc speed calculator here. You'll have to gear up to compensate for the smaller diameter of the tires. Then remember to watch temps when you try something new.

RC Champion
    Hmm, get the wheel wideners and then I may consider doing that.
    Oh yeah, and is it possible to have the t-bone front bumper as well as the stock mini slash bumper? I was hoping that you it was possible because that would make the slash indestructible!

RC Qualifier
    Its totally possible if you experiment with body height, but not really needed. It does give it a more ballsy look to it . Its looks like a Pre Runner
    99%er

RC Champion
    Thanks so much! It does look a bit odd, but it works, and also importantly it looks good with the slash bumper off too! I am sooooooooo getting one.
    Thanks so much again!

RC Qualifier
    No problem budday. Wow, let me tell you guys this thing handles AWESOMELY. With TC tires, theres very minimal body shaving to do and say goodbye forever to rollovers. I was outside for 30 min. Only time i flipped was when I went into a pothole, my T-Bones saved my front end, and i did a somersault. Ive never been more satisfied with an rc in my life, other than my old Tyco Rebound when I was 7 haha. all i need is some good merv tires and that it for modifications. this thing is absolutely perfect. I have 2 more packs, think i might have to give it some more abuse! by the way, im running nimhs. I dont have apartment insurance and getting lipos is risky business lol
    99%er

getting lipos is only risky business if you have no regard to trying to be responsible...... lipos are pretty simple... and aren't going to just catch fire, unless you are careless

RC Qualifier
    i havent been able to find a cheap lipo charger and im satisfied with the speed she hauls.........for now lol. I dont wanna do flips upon a fast throttle. My nephew just got his first power wheels so my competition isnt much LOL. Now i just need a Lightning McQueen 1/16 e-revo body
    99%er