Full-Force RC Skis (A quick tip)

I have a slow-motion build I am working on that is starting to pick up steam, a ski-equipped Rusty for the snow. Honestly, this will likely turn into a Slash with one of those new shnazzy Traxxas LCG chassis. But, it has a Rusty chassis for now, so here it is...

I am using Full Force Skis for this build, and if you have been around RC for a while, not that difficult to install. But it would have been VERY confusing if I were not familiar with this truck.

Here are the skis installed:

Here are the isntructions (yes, this is all of them):

The confusion comes in installing the part that attaches the ski bracket to the steering (This is also the part that keeps the whole thing from spinning like a wheel. They just tell you to mount it on, but don't really tell you how. it took me about five minutes of turning the part this way and that to see how it went on. It REALLY would have helped if they would have included this picture:

Other than the so-so instructions, everything looks stout. The skis are from Durbo, and I am assuming Full Force made the brackets and inclided the hardware. Once you figure out how the arm goes on, it all goes together well, but I am not terribly thrilled with the mish-mash of hex and phillips hardware (plus the four cross-tip screws attaching the skis).

It will likely be a few weeks before I get this guy running, but I'll post up a build thread with video. If I keep this chassis I will put a Bandit body on it, if I go Slash, it will be a \BackSlash. Either way, it will have a mount for my GoPro.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Those look good. I was thinking of adding skis to my rustler, but I have had pretty good luck with just the tires on the front.
    Those might reduce the drag however when they are on the ground and when jumping. When I hit a set of foot prints in deep snow, if the car got too much air, it'll sink and stick when using wheels all around.

What are you planning to run on the rear?

RC Qualifier
    This looks like a very interesting build. Definitely want to see how it turns out and a running video!!! Did you just throw your rear tires on for the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    This looks like a very interesting build. Definitely want to see how it turns out and a running video!!! Did you just throw your rear tires on for the picture?
    Those are the tires I intend on using, I think they are PL sand paws, but not sure. They are mounted on a used set of Slash rims.

RC Champion
    Are the back tires mounted backwards?

RC Qualifier
    Not much snow here in SoCal, especially when it's 74 degrees outside But your build looks cool and definitely interesting. Keep us posted on your build mate. Cheers!!!
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    This is the reason I asked were they just thrown on for the pictures. To me they look to be mounted backwards also. I wonder if you built up some speed, could you make it across the top of some water with that setup.

RC Competitor
    They are backwards.
    When running in deep snow, don't accelerate too fast or it will just bury itself.
    I could run deep snow as long as I stayed around half throttle on a 3s. Give it much more with the tire chains, and it would just bury itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Yeah, I have them on the wrong side, just threw them on for now, I'll worry about it more when I get it ready to run.