Thread: My KB

RC Champion

My KB

I absolutely love this, has taken more of my time up lately then my Pedes have. idk why? funny huh. and thanks to Pave for the car and the Raptor/Camaro bodies. Setting up a big-block setup here soon. thinking SCT/3800, any suggestions?

Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    I would not suggest using that 3800 SCT motor in your small 1/16 scale. Parts are going to break easily and the car will be out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by E-RevoVXL View Post
    OK, here goes.

Because of the extreme torque of a 3800 kv motor, it cannot be used in a 1/16 scale R/C truck because of many reasons. The can itself is longer and produces enough torque to make a Short Course truck that weighs over 5 pounds go 40+ MPH, so if it would be ever put into a 1/16 scale R/C truck weighing less than 3 pounds, the extreme torque (pulling force) will just be too much for the mini to take. The drive train and axles would be extremely stressed and the truck itself would be out of control. It would just be so powerful and torque-crazy that a mini's drive train and parts would be almost crushed by the extreme force and acceleration that a 3800 kv motor is able to belt out. The best idea is to use a 4600 kv or a 5700 kv motor for best results, as these do not create as much torque and can achieve high speeds with a mini without severely running the risk of killing the drive train or stripping differentials.

Lower kv motors are made to make high speeds in heavy R/C trucks without over heating. I'm pretty sure that the motor won't overheat in a mini because it is so lightweight and small. It will probably end up stripping gears and breaking drive shafts. The mini is going to be back flipping and running way out of control unless you are a really good driver.

The bottom line is that a 3800 kv motor has too much torque and power for the mini's drive train and parts to handle without damage and parts breaking. Use a 4600 kv or 5700 kv motor instead.

E'VXL
    It's going to be like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    For more information, go to A 3800kv sct block in a merv.

Just use a 4600 Kv or a 5700 Kv motor if you want to upgrade to a 1/10 power system for your Traxxas 1/16 vehicle.

Have fun and happy upgrading!!

E'VXL
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Champion
    Im looking for out of control! lol (I mainly jus drift my kb) But not to break stuff =/

Thanks for the heads up, looks like I got more research to do.
    Everything overpowered...