RC Enthusiast

STRC LCG Conversion Kit

I installed the STRC LCG Conversion Kit about 4 months ago and I absolutely love the increased handling and the huge decrease in rollovers. I am looking to replace the stock Traxxas Upper Deck from the Rustler with this Alloy one from Integy: http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...18&p_catid=109

Does anybody foresee any issues?

With those who are not familiar with the STRC LCG Conversion Kit here it is and it helps tremendously:

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...d.php?p=134801

RC Qualifier
    If your still running the stock bumper you'll have to shave off the piece that sticks up in the front. If your running something like a rpm bumper your fine.

I too run the strc conversion and I love it!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    While integy's alum parts are usually poo, I have not seen any threads on this particular part being junk. Some of their parts work pretty well. If anyone has had problems/good experiences with this particular piece, pipe up for the op.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    If your still running the stock bumper you'll have to shave off the piece that sticks up in the front. If your running something like a rpm bumper your fine.

I too run the strc conversion and I love it!
    Thank you for the information. It allows me to buy the pro-line front bumper. Happy Slashin

RC Qualifier
    sorry if you know this already, but flm makes an upper chassis for the rustler that looks really cool too
    Rustler MMP 3800 on 3s

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I would support flm before integy.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Once quick question about the STRC LCG kit. Can I still use the ProLine ProTrac kit and ProLine shocks with this kit?
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pentec View Post
    Once quick question about the STRC LCG kit. Can I still use the ProLine ProTrac kit and ProLine shocks with this kit?
    yes, alot of people run the protrac kit on their rustlers, wich basically is a shorter version of a lcg slash
    Rustler MMP 3800 on 3s

RC Qualifier
    Awsome thanks. Looks like an LCG conversion is in the near future.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pentec View Post
    I use this exact setup including the CC SCT. It lets me really have the ability to "tune" my suspension to the type of bashing/racing I am doing.It is a pretty good investment with little maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 1 View Post
    sorry if you know this already, but flm makes an upper chassis for the rustler that looks really cool too
    Wow after some searching and I was able to find it. You were right looks like I will have to order myself one. Thanks for the information. Here it is for those who are interested:

http://www.rcdirectonline.com/produc...FLM-22610.html
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-01-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    dumb question. are there any disadvantages to strc lcg? I have the protrac kit with pl shocks as well.
    seems like a no-brainer, am I missing something?
    thx
    Slash VXL
    Rally VXL
    Axial SCX10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxv View Post
    dumb question. are there any disadvantages to strc lcg? I have the protrac kit with pl shocks as well.
    seems like a no-brainer, am I missing something?
    thx
    IMO unless you are making a MT, then no. The only thing you loose is ground clearance. But I'd rather have less ground clearance than roll over all the time
    Rustler MMP 3800 on 3s

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the FLM upper chassis is nice. It's actually a few ounces heavier than the stock upper deck, but I'll take that with the added rigidity it gives your steering set-up.

Integy also makes a carbon fiber upper deck that I'm considering getting for my competition Bandit build.