RC Enthusiast

What AC/DC Charger For My LIPO Endeavor

Just bought a couple of SPC lipos 6000 30c 2s 7.4...Seems like the Dynamite Ultra is the most powerful for the Under $200 Class Of Chargers...Its 100 watt power supply with a 8 amp charge rate....Any Ideas

RC Qualifier
    The venom 2-10 Dual output is a bit cheaper and charges at 10 amps and charges 2 batterys at once.
    http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0663
    But you would need a power supply..

Heres another good one with power supply:
    http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0665

RC Enthusiast
    Do u know if traxxas connectors come with it

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Both of those chargers are DC only... meaning you need an external power supply. A power supply for the first one would cost around $85-100 (I have that charger but the protek version... its awesome but with the power supply it cost over $200).

I ALSO have the Dynamite Passport Ultra and its EXCELLENT for the money. For $120-130 you get an all in one setup that just plugs into the wall and, like you listed, charges a 2S lipo at a FULL 8 amps... but can also charge a 3S lipo at a FULL 8 amps. Ive looked and looked and its near impossible to find a charger for the same money that can do what the passport ultra can. It also has a 5 year warranty... but keep your receipt. Mine stopped working after just over a year and in less than 8 days I had a brand new one on my door step. Thats good customer service.

A traxxas connector does NOT come with it... but you can get a TRX charge lead for about $8 or a Squid (with like 8 different ends) for about $12. Youd need that with the venoms also I believe. Most chargers dont come with TRX charge leads.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    It was your posts that made me look at the Ultra, and I cant find a better ac charger iM GONNA GET IT..Many Thanks

RC Champion
    oynx 235 comes with deans tamiya and traxxas will also charge your camera cell phone mp3 player and more via a usb port it's a great balance charger for under 90 bucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Unfortunately the Onyx 235 is only a 50 watts... it will only charge a 3S lipo at 4 amps. In fact it can ONLY charge those SPC lipos at 1C (6 amps max) whereas the Ultra, for only $30 more, can charge the same lipo or a 3S (if you get one down the road) at 8 amps.

I think your making a good decision you wont regret.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

If you want a super powerful charging setup for $200, here you go:
    http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-eos-7...ut-p-6176.html

This will require a nice power supply, which can be found here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_922

Yes its a computer server power supply, but a simple harness to turn the PS on is all that is needed.
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Champion
    +1 The Hyperion
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle

RC Racer
    what about the thunder ac6 anyone ever used this charger?

http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Definitions View Post
    what about the thunder ac6 anyone ever used this charger?

http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html
    I have the Ac 680, and at first, i was really happy with it. But i wouldn't suggest it. It's a good charger, but if you get it, make sure you have a separate balancer. It chargers the batteries balanced, but it doesn't have a function to display individual cell voltages, which i think every display charger should.
    Rustler VXL! The Quest for 70!

RC Racer
    could you recommend another good charger? around the 80.00 range?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtr123 View Post
    I have the Ac 680, and at first, i was really happy with it. But i wouldn't suggest it. It's a good charger, but if you get it, make sure you have a separate balancer. It chargers the batteries balanced, but it doesn't have a function to display individual cell voltages, which i think every display charger should.
    I have the ac680 and it balances great. on the second screen it shows the individual voltages for the cells.

RC Racer
    so whats newer the ac6 or the ac680 im confused?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy599 View Post
    I have the ac680 and it balances great. on the second screen it shows the individual voltages for the cells.
    @Definitions : The Ac 680 is newer.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-11-2011 at 01:48 AM.

RC Racer
    geez for me bieng a newb to electrics...i just wanna know will i be happy if i purchase this charger. lol will it do the job for me?

Hmm, I wonder why my posts are eaten by the forum monster every once in a while. From what I have heard it is a good charger.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    So this discussion is considered a non traxxas discussion. I was just wondering what is a good charger for my Lipo battery that will be operating a traxxas vehicle. If traxxas made a lipo charger I am sure we would all have that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Definitions View Post
    So this discussion is considered a non traxxas discussion. I was just wondering what is a good charger for my Lipo battery that will be operating a traxxas vehicle. If traxxas made a lipo charger I am sure we would all have that. lol
    The fact that non-Traxxas items are being discussed is not necessarily a problem. However, threads and posts that stray too far into product or technical support for non-Traxxas items can and will be removed, no matter what some misguided and belligerent members think or post.

You might be and some others will certainly be helped to understand the policy by reading this thread: Guidelines for discussing aftermarket parts

Seriously.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The fact that non-Traxxas items are being discussed is not necessarily a problem. However, threads and posts that stray too far into product or technical support for non-Traxxas items can and will be removed, no matter what some misguided and belligerent members think or post.

You might be and some others will certainly be helped to understand the policy by reading this thread: Guidelines for discussing aftermarket parts

Seriously.
    hey, i cleared up my inbox, get back to me.