RC Qualifier

Stampede latemodel/modified project

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could run slash wheels on a stampede? Or anyother latemodel wheels that would work on the stampede? Also would an rc latemodel body work on the Stampede? Thanks alot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    An RC latemodel body would be too big for a pede... probably too long and too wide. I belive they will fit, or there are versions that will fit on a rustler... but I could be mistaken.

Slash wheels and tires WILL fit on a stampede... but the rears will stick out farther than the fronts. If you want them to be even you need to do a slash rear arm conversion or a protrac front arm conversion. The slash rear arm conversion is the cheapest and easiest. Then the front and rear will be the same width and you can run 4 slash wheels/tires no problem.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    1/8 scale late model bodies fit great with a slash chassis, unfortunately not too many choices with a pede chassis unless you can narrow the track and get a 1/10 body to fit.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    An RC latemodel body would be too big for a pede... probably too long and too wide. I belive they will fit, or there are versions that will fit on a rustler... but I could be mistaken.
    Those are BIG bodies--well, big for a Pede anyhow. You can make them fit with some significant mods, but out of the box they're big enough to fit on an E-Revo. Unless you're comfortable with the idea of cutting the body in half, removing a portion of it, and gluing it back together, you'd be better off getting a body that's closer to 1/10 scale.

This is how it sits, out of the box, on a 1" extended Pede:

(The vinyl is just so you can see the outline of the body better.)
    Last edited by TAT2; 05-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    99%er

Run a Protrac Arm Conversion. Price will be the same, (10 bucks) but the Protrac will be matching the width of the rears. Instead of matching the width of the fronts. (alot more narrow) Even though the shorter slash rear arms may look better with the slash wheels. Hmm...

In regards to what Pave said. Its because the pedes stock arms are short in the front, and wide in the back. Reason the wheels dont look like this, is because of the wheels offsets. Both modifications listed by him, will make the arms length equal. Allowing u to use the slash wheels. (that dont have different offsets)

Under the gallery. There is a user who has slash wheels on his pede. Check it out. Somewhere in the later pages I believe.

*note. Pay attention to your gearing. Monitor your temps if/when u do this.

RC Racer
    It would be cool if you just put the body over(cut the bottom) and hid the wheels like some of these bangfangled new concept cars. LOL Like only a half inch or so of wheel exposed at the bottom.
    Flying is easy, landing however....

RC Qualifier
    well. their goes my idea! haha thanks for all the help and the money you saved me before i started my journey!