RC Champion

Just bought the KBG Fiesta

Hi all, new to this forum and been awhile since I was here. I noticed the car has two battery compartments, what is the setup for using two batteries and what batteries are recommended. Also, any outta the box recommendations for part replacement? Also looking for low profile body like a porsche 911 to paint and run in so I can save the original from too much damage. Not that I ever wreck my cars, but just in case. Thanks for any help. B

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There are very few body choices right now. The Ken Block body, the stock fiesta body, the stock rally body and Proline just released a Ford Focus body. Otherwise nothing else really fits correctly. This platform and size is unique to traxxas. Currently, you CAN buy the clear Traxxas rally bodies, and you can buy pre-painted Rally, KB Rally and Fiesta bodies on e-bay but they arent cheap.

The car is setup to HOLD 2 batteries but its designed to be balanced with only one battery on the left side. If you choose to run 2 batteries you need the "parallel" adapter to get double the run times. If you use the "series" adapter youll double the voltage... which is doable... but only for short speed runs. If you try to run the car with the "series"adapter for general running youll overheat the motor and wreck it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    For Series, NiMh and the Series connector (Part # 3603) with your choice of NiMh batteries. And Parallel, the Parallel adapter (part# 3604) and a Lipo of your choice. but with running batteries in series, your going to want to step the pinion up to the optional one included with the car. The upgrades are beyond me because I have yet to have anything fail/break on mine. There arent much bodies for these, if anything maybe pick up a clear fiesta body and paint that.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Enthusiast
    Parma's 1/12 scale midnight pumpkin body fits fine. You just need to make some custom body mounts for it.

RC Qualifier
    With some selective wheel offsets, HPI's new Cup-series 911 body has been shown to work. (Theoretically, so should the the Stratos.)
    The prototype project.

RC Enthusiast
    Just one more thing, even when you run the batteries in parallel, keep an eye on the motor and ESC temperature. They tend to get hot.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the response guys, I looked at tower and got a few Ideas of my own as well. What I find interesting is they tell you to use two batteries in series to get the over 50MPH on the box, but from what I've read here that is a good way to fry the electrics. So Im guessing the over 50 is a one time deal - lol. Anyone put offroad tires on it and geared is down for running in the grass? Just curious - have enough trucks that do that already. How bout dirt?

RC Champion
    Its an on-road car, I really dont understand why someone would want to run it offroad.

RC Qualifier
    Whut? These are almost more fun off-road than on...

The prototype project.

RC Champion
    What do you mean "what"? It says on-road electric right on the box. Im not saying you couldnt jus dont understand why someone would buy a car, and use it for off-road. get a truck! lol

-btw where did u get those black style volks with the red spoke? REALLY like those

RC Qualifier
    I don't remember what the box has on it... Guess the point is that it's not a truck (a matter of taste I guess, I grew up on Group B and WRC), and if you're going to have one R/C, it's awesome that it works well in more than just on-road settings. With a few simple part swaps it'll rock pretty much anywhere...

My offroad wheels are HPI TE37 with a little customization to make em look like Volk Superlaps.
    Last edited by prototyp; 05-25-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    The prototype project.

RC Champion
    Hey, dont get me wrong i love the Group B for the Sport Quattro! But yes you are definitely correct, it IS nice that its capable of all terrains with little changes.

RC Champion
    Thanks guys thats all I was asking for, I mean my offroad trucks spent more time in the street. Would like to bail into the grass and widen my driving area is all. Anyway I'll start experimenting soon. Thanks again, awesome pics!