RC Racer

Converting Slash VXL to E-Revo

So I decided to get my slash back up and running and figured I would convert it to an e-revo in the process. I plan on upgrading pretty much everything over the next few months. I've been thinking about getting a new motor/esc combo the one I'm looking at now is the MMP with a 5700kv motor and a motor mount from Tenbol. But before i do that i will be getting new shocks and hopefully i can snag some SPC Lipos when the come back in stock. I also need to get a body, will probably go with pro-line slipstream and another set of tires to match my new ones. I will be listing all the parts as i upgrade them while also posting pictures and videos. I will also be looking at a gps to start doing speed runs in the future. If you guys have any suggestions or comments please feel free to let me know. I am also willing to try out and review parts that people have not tried or are interested in how well they work.

Here is the list of parts i needed to convert my slash over to an e-revo.

Front Suspension Arms - TRA7138
    Rear Suspension Arms - TRA7132
    Push Rod - TRA7118
    Front and Rear Toe Link - TRA7138
    Half Shafts x2 - TRA7150
    Wing Mount - TRA7121
    Wing, Black - TRA7122
    Front and Rear Bumper - TRA7135
    Painted Body - TRA7111X (I went with Proline Slipstream body)
    Tires - TRA7174A (I went with Proline Dirt Hawgs mounted on Titus beadloc but i had an old pair of stock tires i miss ordered awhile back that i used in the picture down below)

I'm still waiting for some more parts to get in the mail. The chassis i had to order because i broke the old one, the rear suspension arms and the set of tires have not come yet. I am going to a new LHS that i found on the internet that is dedicated to only RC to see what they have for the merv. Here are some pics of what I've got so far.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you plan to install tenbol motor mount the slipstream body won't fit the stock barely make it with a big can, instead of stock arms you should install rpm a-arms.

RC Racer
    Good to know about the body. I do plan on installing rpm arms going to my LHS to see if they have some in stock.

RC Racer
    I just did this conversion with stock parts and RPM hub carriers.

BOIL YOUR WING IN WATER!!!!

Have fun!
    That is all
    Waffles!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by weswins View Post
    I just did this conversion with stock parts and RPM hub carriers.

BOIL YOUR WING IN WATER!!!!
    Yea i am using aluminum hub carriers in the front and stock plastic ones in the rear. If i might ask why do you boil the wing in water?

So I finally got it all together last night but I found out that my lipo is shot so I will be running to my LHS to get a new one. Also while I'm there ill grab a couple pinion gears going to start out with a 23t. If I can get that stuff and if it stays nice out I might be able to shoot a little video today.

Here is what I've got so far. I cant wait to get another set of the pro-line tires to match.

RC Qualifier
    too bad you didnt post this a few days ago.. I just converted mine to a slash... we could have just swapped entire r/c's.....
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Racer
    So i went to my lhs and picked up a venom 2s 2000mah lipo. I'm not to impressed with the speeds so far and i was wondering if i ran two 2s would that make it faster? and what gearing would be recommended i am currently running 23t pinion and 50t spur. But other than that everything worked fine going to order another set of tires and will post vids once i get those.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    My calculations lead me to believe that your top speed is roughly 42mph on 2s, 84 on 4s

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Camil View Post
    If i might ask why do you boil the wing in water?
    It changes the molecular structure of the plastic causing it to become more flexible. Your wing wont be able to handle many hard landing with the fin side down without boiling it.
    My coworker still refuses to boil his and breaks one about once a week. I did my conversion a few weeks ago and haven't done much more that scratch it. We bash together and hit the same stuff, so its not better driving.

I can take my wing and put both ends together without stressing it.

Its free to try and you wont regret it.
    Waffles!